Keanu Neal Quote

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
I know this might get merged but wanted to isolate this. If anyone is worried about a slight letdown... based on these quotes by Neal, I doubt it very seriously! These boys are fired up wanting redemption!
Question asked: Last year's outcome will provide motivation throughout the week for the Gators, Neal said.
Answer from Neal : "Of course,” he said.
Neal was then informed that Saturday is homecoming for the Tigers.
“Oh, that's nice,” he said. “Looking forward to that.”

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Those ass holes scheduled us for their homecoming game? Man that should be motivation enough for this squad. **** Missouri

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
URGatorBait;n292906 said:
Those ass holes scheduled us for their homecoming game? Man that should be motivation enough for this squad. **** Missouri

My thoughts exactly Urg :exactly:.........:beating:Coming!!!

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n292906 said:

According to Mizzou fans their school actually invented Homecoming. Supposedly scheduling us for Homecoming isn't a slight, rather it's an acknowledgement that we're a very important game for them. Either way we owe these clowns a beat down of epic proportions.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The team is feeling very good about themselves, as they should be. We have to avoid having done to us what we did to Ole Miss. I think the next big step for this team is showing up and beating the hell out of a good team on the road.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
We're the homecoming game? Thanks for that Chump.

If I was a player, I'd be so pissed.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
As a bystander to many of the homecomings up here in Columbia...I'll say that even though the tradition of homecoming was invented at Mizzou, they still normally schedule teams they think they can beat.

Many years in the Big 12, Iowa St was their homecoming opponent if that tells you anything.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
ufgator2002;n292891 said:
If anyone is worried about a slight letdown... based on these quotes by Neal, I doubt it very seriously!
These boys are fired up wanting redemption!
Question asked: Last year's outcome will provide motivation throughout the week for the Gators, Neal said.
Answer from Neal : "Of course,” he said.
Neal was then informed that Saturday is homecoming for the Tigers.
“Oh, that's nice,” he said. “Looking forward to that.”

So true, we can all stop worrying about them getting big heads for the next game. Coach Mac is showing that tape on a continuous loop in the locker room I'm sure.

And having us as their homecoming opponent is motivation enough to do to them as they were able to do to us. To avenge that performance.

UF will hammer them defensively AGAIN and will light them up offensively I'm sure. Even though they have the SEC's best overall defense, I hope we run on them like we did vs Georgia.

:chomp:

IGTBAFG

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n292928 said:
As a bystander to many of the homecomings up here in Columbia...I'll say that even though the tradition of homecoming was invented at Mizzou, they still normally schedule teams they think they can beat.

Many years in the Big 12, Iowa St was their homecoming opponent if that tells you anything.

Thanks for the clarification, chferg. I'll have to rib the guy that implied differently now.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
The Original DC;n292916 said:
The team is feeling very good about themselves, as they should be. We have to avoid having done to us what we did to Ole Miss. I think the next big step for this team is showing up and beating the hell out of a good team on the road.
Yep, the LSU game will be the next big step

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was never worried about this being a trap game. They don't want to lose to these guys 3 in a row, and our team, especially on defense, matches up very well against them.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
In 1996, #12 ranked LSU was our homecoming opponent. We won 56-13 and went on to win a National Championship.

In 2006, #9 ranked LSU was again our homecoming opponent. We won 23-10 and again went on to win a National Championship.

As for Kiki's comments, the players always SAY the right thing about taking it one game at a time, not looking past any opponent, but it still happens. Especially to young teams unaccustomed to continued success.

I hope it doesn't happen to us on Saturday but we won't know until the game is played.

Alex.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Matching last week’s offensive production will be a challenge for Missouri against Florida

The 2015 Florida Gators aren’t the Homecoming opponent Missouri thought it was getting.

Missouri hosts No. 11 Florida (5-0) on Saturday night for the Homecoming game at the school that invented the tradition. Recent Homecoming opponents have ranged from terrible (Vanderbilt, 2014; Kentucky 2012) to ranked teams that fell just short of expectations (South Carolina 2013; Oklahoma 2010).

Florida was supposed to be something in between – a talented program in the middle of a rebuild that would put up a good fight but ultimately lose to the two-time SEC East champions. For Florida coach Jim McElwain, though, putting up a good fight is no longer an objective as the Gators look to yank the division away from the Tigers.

I wouldn't take it as a slight that they scheduled as for homecoming. Heck, we did it last year after they were SECEast champs - how'd that work out?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn't the SEC decide who plays who on what date (SEC games)? I supposed Misery gets to choose which game to call homecoming, but aren't homecomings usually pretty much the same week of the season for most teams? They probably just didn't want to mess up already made plans to change which game was going to be their homecoming game.:dunno:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n293016 said:
Doesn't the SEC decide who plays who on what date (SEC games)? I supposed Misery gets to choose which game to call homecoming, but aren't homecomings usually pretty much the same week of the season for most teams? They probably just didn't want to mess up already made plans to change which game was going to be their homecoming game.:dunno:

Yeah homecoming is more of a scheduling thing than a crappy opponent thing (although many schools do try to schedule crappy opponents if they can). But our guys should still use the disrespect angle, it makes them angrier.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n293018 said:
But our guys should still use the disrespect angle, it makes them angrier.

I suppose I can live with that. :lol:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think emotion or motivation or whatever you call it should make a difference if the team is coached the right way. Emotion doesn't make you run faster or read a defense better or remember the snap count better. All that comes from preparation and keeping a level head. Hell, the main problem with Musty Duncechimp was that he was all emotion and no control. Emotion is the enemy in fact. Emotion is what makes you go thru the motions against a "let-down" team while looking ahead to LSU.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n293018 said:
Yeah homecoming is more of a scheduling thing than a crappy opponent thing (although many schools do try to schedule crappy opponents if they can). But our guys should still use the disrespect angle, it makes them angrier.

I agree - especially with how they beat us down in our homecoming game last season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.