Keanu Neal says three freshmen standing out

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
rogdochar;n253228 said:
Isn't a Requiem funereal music ?

Why yes, yes it is and Mozart wrote one of those too ...dammit!

957534_1329770369752_full.jpg

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Requiem121110;n253221 said:
I see that some of you have not learned from the past. Do I need to recount how much bull was handed out by coaches and players alike the past few years, only to find out that none of it was true when they played an actual game against a non-directional team? You just set yourself up for disappointment and start thinking the coaches are doing a bad job developing players because someone said this or that player was great. Remember another defensive back telling us that Jeff Driskel was the best quarterback in America last year? I know some of you will hate me saying this, but isn't it time to become a little more jaded about words? If talk meant anything, UF would have been in Atlanta recently.
Say what you will, O ye of little faith. As for me, I'm paddlin' my Keanu Neal up the Tyler Jordan River!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Schultz has to be an alias with how many times he keeps coming back here. I do admit it is kind of funny. Whoever it is doing it seems to keep up with recruiting a lot. :lol:

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n253310 said:
Schultz has to be an alias with how many times he keeps coming back here. I do admit it is kind of funny. Whoever it is doing it seems to keep up with recruiting a lot. :lol:
It's GulfCoastGator. I'm sure of it. :lol:

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n253162 said:
Looks good. Especially liked this:

I think this is the one we flipped from Florida International. Just a few days ago someone was lamenting how far that we are we've fallen in recruiting when we're taking 2* QB's and flipping OL from FIU. Interesting that out of all the lineman we signed, this is the one Neal singled out...I'm hoping that Coach Mac really does have an eye for talent.

Or it could be that the other linemen suck so bad that a flip from FIU stands out. I thought Summer had the line moving in the right direction, there was slight improvement. We still need depth and quality at the position.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Remember that Ivey has literally NEVER done pass blocking. His HS team ran all the time.

He's going to have a huge learning curve. I won't be surprised to see 6 or 8 freshmen on the OL this year and not see Ivey.

OtownGator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n253415 said:
Remember that Ivey has literally NEVER done pass blocking. His HS team ran all the time.

He's going to have a huge learning curve. I won't be surprised to see 6 or 8 freshmen on the OL this year and not see Ivey.

I won't be surprised to see Ivey play this year, but I would be surprised to see him play at either tackle spot due to his limited experience pass blocking. Would be better suited at guard this year where he would excel at pulling and downfield blocking while getting pass blocking help from the center and the tackle.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That seems unconventional and I would say you were crazy, except that Summers did it last year with Big Trent. It worked pretty well IMO until Trent got hurt.

I think Ivie playing guard first is more realistic than Ivie trying to learn to be a pass blocking tackle in 4 weeks.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n253476 said:
That seems unconventional and I would say you were crazy, except that Summers did it last year with Big Trent. It worked pretty well IMO until Trent got hurt.

I think Ivie playing guard first is more realistic than Ivie trying to learn to be a pass blocking tackle in 4 weeks.
It beats the hell out of muschamp putting 250 lbs Humphries at left tackle as freshman.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
IIRC, Humphreys mostly played TE in the Big Dumb double TE heavy set.

But, yes, as always, screw Muskstank.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Law98gator;n253415 said:

He's going to have a huge learning curve.
I won't be surprised to see 6 or 8 freshmen on the OL this year and not see Ivey.

If the guy has average intelligence, he should be able to pick up the pass blocking just as quickly as most of the other freshman O-linemen. I'm not saying he will be ready to play one of the tackle spots as a freshman but being a pass blocking guard isn't one of the harder positions on the field to learn.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Ivey will play this year. Hopefully they will break him in easy so that he can get acclimated to the speed of the game. He will eventually take that tackle spot, but for now we need as many of those big un's on the OL as possible.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator;n253476 said:

I think Sharpe and the big transfer start off as our tackles just because they've at least played there on this level(CFB). Ivie may work his way onto the field later in the season. We should have enough guards to where he only works as a tackle during practice though.....I hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.