oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
"Maybe he can set a record by getting cut from all 32 teams in one offseason."

Not an endearing quote
The shot was more at you than Taylor, since you insist Taylor still has a shot in the NFL for some reason.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Fred Taylor wasn't his dad would people have the same expectations they do?

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I won't debate his NFL potential. But why attack the kid and suggest McDonalds as his future?

Anyone who has spent any time around Kelvin would tell you he is a very respectful, humble young man.

Why do Gators hate on Gators? I just never get this on message boards.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I won't debate his NFL potential. But why attack the kid and suggest McDonalds as his future?

Anyone who has spent any time around Kelvin would tell you he is a very respectful, humble young man.

Why do Gators hate on Gators? I just never get this on message boards.
No hate from me, and certainly wasn't an "attack". McDonalds is a excellent place to work, lot of potential there in management.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
No hate from me, and certainly wasn't an "attack". McDonalds is a excellent place to work, lot of potential there in management.

But with his name, contacts, etc. he can easily get a much better job than management. In fact he probably could be an owner, rather than a manager.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
But with his name, contacts, etc. he can easily get a much better job than management. In fact he probably could be an owner, rather than a manager.
Not sure about that. He'd need to start out mopping floors for a while, before finally moving behind the counter and even up to the drive-through window. After a few years, he could probably land an assistant manager gig. After that, he'd have his shot at manager, but it would probably take a least a decade.

As far as being an owner, you have to have money for that. I don't see where he's actually made any.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
There has to be more to this than meets the eye. Maybe a fight or a girl involved? There is some serious shade being thrown as the kids would say.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The shot was more at you than Taylor, since you insist Taylor still has a shot in the NFL for some reason.

Well he did just get signed....I've seen crazier paths to the NFL than his. He's definitely a long shot but never ever say never ever.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Not sure about that. He'd need to start out mopping floors for a while, before finally moving behind the counter and even up to the drive-through window. After a few years, he could probably land an assistant manager gig. After that, he'd have his shot at manager, but it would probably take a least a decade.

As far as being an owner, you have to have money for that. I don't see where he's actually made any.

But his dad did and he should have plenty of contacts, perhaps it does not work as I think but having a name means marketing opportunities. Selling cars, attending events, getting investors to work with you.

Now if you don't have talent that is all out of reach.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Marine, I'm rooting for him to be successful. I don't know if he will be successful in the NFL, but that is not the only avenue for success.
Agreed. That's why I think a McDonalds career is clearly the way to go. He just has to work his way up to middle management over two decades or so.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Agreed. That's why I think a McDonalds career is clearly the way to go. He just has to work his way up to middle management over two decades or so.
I thought this was the McDowells promotion ladder not McDonalds....

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
He could probably have more success managing the Official Fred Taylor Hall of Fame and Sports Memorabilia Store. Less pressure.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I can’t sleep at night until I’ve gotten a dislike from RocketCity. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online