Kelvin Taylor cut by 5th NFL team

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Probably not in fast food, but he surely left early and should get his degree and then use the contacts he could make to get a decent job. I am sorry to say that I have been convinced that many football players are only here to get into the league, not to be students or lifelong Gators.

Perhaps he'll be smart enough to come back and get the degree. Some do. Not enough.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Falcons sign Taylor

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/...cons-sign-ex-Gator-running-back-Kelvin-Taylor

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. — The Atlanta Falcons have signed the son of former Jacksonville Jaguars star Fred Taylor.

The team announced Tuesday that it has added running back Kelvin Taylor, who like his father played at the University of Florida. The younger Taylor was a sixth-round pick of the San Francisco 49ers in 2016 and spent part of last season on their practice squad.

He also played for the Seattle Seahawks, splitting time between their active roster and practice squad.

Coming off a run to the Super Bowl, the Falcons travel to Miami on Thursday night for their preseason opener.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Poor Kelvin. He has zero chance at making the team....again. Jay, you still have him penciled in for MVP this season? Maybe he can set a record by getting cut from all 32 teams in one offseason.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Poor Kelvin. He has zero chance at making the team....again. Jay, you still have him penciled in for MVP this season? Maybe he can set a record by getting cut from all 32 teams in one offseason.

I understand the LDR dislike, but Kelvin? I don't get it :dunno:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He is mad because Kelvin has 1000 times more NFL experience than his boy Jeff Demps.
I don't know where you come up with this stuff. And to your moronic point, I'm pretty sure Demps actually got more NFL action than Taylor.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Demps never played a game. I dont think he made it past the first cut in any camp.

Such a terrible "RB". What a joke.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Demps never played a game. I dont think he made it past the first cut in any camp.

Such a terrible "RB". What a joke.
Demps played two years in the NFL. Had 3 catches for 21 yards for the Bucs. But who cares? Not sure what makes you think he's my "boy".

The fact that you love Muschamp more than Meyer says it all about you.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Should have stayed another year....

Not really sure if it would have helped much. I think even though he can block some his smaller size hurts him because they want the RBs that are top notch blockers when their running ability is iffy at the NFL level. It wouldn't surprise me if he makes a roster this year.

On the other hand last year you had Driskel who was terrible in camp and pre-season and got cut by the 49ers but Cincy decides to pick him up as their active 3rd QB anyway due to his size I guess.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Not really sure if it would have helped much. I think even though he can block some his smaller size hurts him because they want the RBs that are top notch blockers when their running ability is iffy at the NFL level. It wouldn't surprise me if he makes a roster this year.

On the other hand last year you had Driskel who was terrible in camp and pre-season and got cut by the 49ers but Cincy decides to pick him up as their active 3rd QB anyway due to his size I guess.
he could have hit the weight room hard and he definitely would have had plenty blocking opportunities that year if he stayed. I cant knock him for seeing the writing on the wall with Nuss and Mac, probably why he left early imho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.