Kendall Randolph

Sep 29, 2015
Of course you continue to. But you have coaches that can develop and recruit. Problem solved.

Vis-a-vis Leather, I don't think that was the issue (at DT, it may be). This same staff of recruiters convinced the Leatherwood of 2 years ago (Ivey) that they could develop and recruit (probably with the early playing time line too!). Sold. And he's been a starter for a year and a half and should be starting at LT next year whether Sharpe stays or goes.

Maybe Leatherwood didn't want to play guard while Ivey owned the LT spot for the next 1-2 years and Taylor (more evidence of development) the RT spot for the next 2-3 years. Who knows? But it's not like these guys can't do it, because they've done it before with OTs.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Vis-a-vis Leather, I don't think that was the issue (at DT, it may be). This same staff of recruiters convinced the Leatherwood of 2 years ago (Ivey) that they could develop and recruit (probably with the early playing time line too!). Sold. And he's been a starter for a year and a half and should be starting at LT next year whether Sharpe stays or goes.

Maybe Leatherwood didn't want to play guard while Ivey owned the LT spot for the next 1-2 years and Taylor (more evidence of development) the RT spot for the next 2-3 years. Who knows? But it's not like these guys can't do it, because they've done it before with OTs.

Maybe. But chump had a fantastic relationship with Ivey. And over the course of about a year and a half he fell in love with UF. He was also close to CeCe and Cowart during the recruiting process which played into his decision.

But Cowart got wacky at the end. They almost all went to Auburn if you recall.

Recruiting is all about relationship and understanding who you are selling to. And then positioning your selling message appropriately.

We have to bring in a lights out recruiter to replace Collins. I think Summers will be gone in January. Fingers crossed.

Sep 29, 2015
Maybe. But chump had a fantastic relationship with Ivey. And over the course of about a year and a half he fell in love with UF. He was also close to CeCe and Cowart during the recruiting process which played into his decision.

But Cowart got wacky at the end. They almost all went to Auburn if you recall.

Recruiting is all about relationship and understanding who you are selling to. And then positioning your selling message appropriately.

We have to bring in a lights out recruiter to replace Collins. I think Summers will be gone in January. Fingers crossed.

I do remember that and know the relationship was cultivated by Chump and Summers.

I certainly agree we need more lights out recruiters especially on defense. But I still maintain that no matter who we have recruiting on the defensive side, it won't matter until the offense shows life.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If you go to the thread on him, and his interview he says that the Florida coaches kept selling early playing time. And that is not what he wanted to hear. He wanted to hear how they could develop him better than Bama. But they wouldn't talk about that. They kept talking about early playing time. He'll play early wherever he goes.
Well on the bright side at least our coaches aren't lying. We most certainly can't develop him better.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Is he a legacy? We had a Kelvin Randolph who played FB here in the early 90's. Like most of SOS' fullbacks, he was primarily a blocker who would release and catch an outlet pass in the middle if everybody deep was covered. Good at picking up blitzers and opening holes for Errict Rhett. I just looked up his stats. Played 1990-1993. 32 career rushes, 3.7 yard average. 30 career receptions, 8.6 yard average.

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator