Kentucky Bball in Shambles: Hiring a bum from BYU

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
"Once a coach gets to the point where his athletic director needs to release a statement confirming his return as coach, it's hard to regain the trust of the fan base."

Interesting observation...:stirpot:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Forbes reporter

Donovan to Lexington probably comes off as a sacrilege. So would have SOS to South Carolina 20 years ago. At the end of the day, it always comes down to fit and finish. Donovan will likely be looking for work as it is. I don't want to see him go there, but I won't be shocked if he does.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Donovan to Lexington probably comes off as a sacrilege. So would have SOS to South Carolina 20 years ago. At the end of the day, it always comes down to fit and finish. Donovan will likely be looking for work as it is. I don't want to see him go there, but I won't be shocked if he does.
I'd be pissed if that happened. Unlike South Carolina, Kentucky is our conference rival. It'd be a dick move

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
I don't see him coming back to college. He is a NBA guy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
"Once a coach gets to the point where his athletic director needs to release a statement confirming his return as coach, it's hard to regain the trust of the fan base."

Interesting observation...:stirpot:
Billy Bob Thornton Edgar GIF

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I'd be pissed if that happened. Unlike South Carolina, Kentucky is our conference rival. It'd be a dick move
I am probably in the minority here, but I think the idea of college rivalries in both football and basketball are nowhere near what they once were and mean little to nothing anymore. Whether it be the state of college athletics thru realignments or NIL or the transfer portal, I just do not think it plays much importance.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see him coming back to college. He is a NBA guy.

We'll find out soon enough. His seat has grown very warm in Chicago.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
If UK doesn't make a hire this week, it's possible they are waiting until Chicago loses in the playoffs. I wouldn't hate him for doing that. He did get his coaching start there. But, I would be surprised if he did.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I am probably in the minority here, but I think the idea of college rivalries in both football and basketball are nowhere near what they once were and mean little to nothing anymore. Whether it be the state of college athletics thru realignments or NIL or the transfer portal, I just do not think it plays much importance.
For once im gonna agree with you. I will still despise UGA and FSU and um but with all the fcknning transferring going on our hero today may be playing for our hated rival tomorrow. Oh wait, that did happen. And now that the SEC is headed toward obvlivion with more and more members our rivalries will diminish. I hope Billy doesnt go to UK. But SOS went to USCe so who knows.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well, me personally, I still hate Kentucky as much as I did 10 years ago. **** them

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.