Kentucky & whether or not Florida is truly southern

PCGatorAlum

Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2017
No, LA is the southern part of Florida. Everything geologically south of Ocala, except some of the Keys, are Yankee infested. I grew up in Pensacola. Red Level, Brewton, Florala, Pace and Jay are as southern as you can get.
And gave us Joe Scarborough

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And you know this how ... brother? :lol:
:lol: I was waiting for that question!!!

The short answer is I live very close to, and have offices in, a couple of those towns I mentioned. I didn’t know this until we moved to central Florida in 2009.

Absolutely world class fishing and amazing scalloping though.

I would also say a huge majority of the Ocala National Forest south of Palatka and west of Daytona is the same, if not worse. As those people are truly “off the grid”. But that’s only what I have been told. Basically the Salt Springs area. That’s probably B52’s second favorite town in Florida.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

The short answer is I live very close to, and have offices in, a couple of those towns I mentioned. I didn’t know this until we moved to central Florida in 2009.

I would also say a huge majority of the Ocala National Forest south of Palatka and west of Daytona is the same, if not worse. As those people are truly “off the grid”. But that’s only what I have been told. Basically the Salt Springs area. That’s probably B52’s second favorite town in Florida.

Driving 40 west of Ocala…

1713638260557.gif

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016

Favorite town in Florida is Chumuckla. Second favorite is Pace. The Big Bend area is my favorite area because it was a close drive while I matriculated at a nearby elite university. Cedar Crest was a go to place to impress my then future bride.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
No Idea Reaction GIF by Cameo

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Yes. I have met her and her family several times years ago. I believe her mother is from West Virginia, which would technically make her non-southern genetically, possibly even a yankee by the standards of some here. I figured you’d know her considering the Wildwood HS sports thread you started.
I knew her father fairly well as we hired him to do welding repairs on farm equipment in the 70's & 80's. Elizabeth was 11 years younger than I.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This guy’s description of Texas is pretty damn funny. Sorry B52, he didnt point out the common KKK spots.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017

I'm looking to move to the Homassa - Yankeetown area. Been going there for 20+ years scalloping and visiting friends. Never seen any racial issues, but mostly stick to ourselves.

Being white might help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.