Kids these days will never know….

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I may, or may not, own land there, and it may, or may not, be a fantastic micro-climate valley. No one sells land there. In order to buy, one might, or might not, actually have to interview with the dudes who own about 3000 acres of ranch in the valley and then they decide if they do, or do not, want to peel off a bit at the bottom of the valley for a few select people.
Do you grow potatoes?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
@Detroitgator probably makes vodka. I hear potato vodka is his favorite. I’m sure he said it on a Tuesday.
Honestly, I've seen more red winter wheat in Idaho than taters... but those fancy fuks over in Driggs make potato vodka... someone needs to open a distillery to make proper vodka with wheat in Idaho... sounds like yet another job for a God Damn Yankee!!!!

Update: looks like there are a couple of distilleries that use Idaho winter wheat... one is in Oregon, the other over in Rigby... given Rigby (a nice place), I highly suspect it's a Yankee transplant!

Last edited:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Honestly, I've seen more red winter wheat in Idaho than taters... but those fancy fuks over in Driggs make potato vodka... someone needs to open a distillery to make proper vodka with wheat in Idaho... sounds like yet another job for a God Damn Yankee!!!!
My bff from elementary school ended up in Driggs. Absolutely gorgeous area.
I’ve only driven through the northern area of Idaho and it’s truly beautiful.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
My bff from elementary school ended up in Driggs. Absolutely gorgeous area.
I’ve only driven through the northern area of Idaho and it’s truly beautiful.
Driggs is at the bottom of the mountain where Grand Targhee is (that's where we took the kids skiing every year for Spring Break).. Grand Targhee is actually in Wyoming, but on the Idaho side of the Tetons ("Wydaho")... we love it there. And yes, it's beautiful out there.
IMG_0985.JPG

Last edited:

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
The ability to go off on their own for hours at a time, exploring, building forts in the woods, building ramps and jumping bikes over them while nobody knew exactly where they were

My youngest boy (6th grade this year) asked me about the things I did when I was young living in the forest as we were on a long stretch of nothing but pines. I was pointing out lakes we had ridden our bikes to and camped at. And another place where we cut up some pines felled by a storm and built a lean-to style hunting/adventure lodge. Yet another closer to home where we had used our homemade ramps at the end of the docks to do tricks on the bikes into the water.

When I stopped talking he said "dad, when am I old enough to do that?" I said, ask your mother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.