Kids these days will never know….

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
That was in our fraternity’s coke machine.

That’s nothing.

In the 80’s, there was coke in your fraternity’s coke machine.

true romance smile GIF

Alex.

Last edited:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Nalt trying to tractor-shame @Altitude Gator when we know this is what he tends to his garden plot with back in the Red Hills…Psychologists refer to this as a form of “Penis Envy!”

View attachment 68142

:lol:
I would love to have one of the tractors used on Green Acres. Old tractors are awesome.

Last week I purchased an early 1970's Deutz tractor that looks almost identical to this...

1710271267621.jpeg

By the name, Deutz, it is obviously a German made tractor. My FIL had one just like it and I have seen that tractor do what other, larger hp tractors couldn't. They have a LOT of pulling power.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I would love to have one of the tractors used on Green Acres. Old tractors are awesome.

Last week I purchased an early 1970's Deutz tractor that looks almost identical to this...

View attachment 68204

By the name, Deutz, it is obviously a German made tractor. My FIL had one just like it and I have seen that tractor do what other, larger hp tractors couldn't. They have a LOT of pulling power.
I’ve only seen a couple around these parts, back in the shade tobacco days. There was a German presence in the shade industry and maybe how some of the Deutz and other equipment got to these parts. Several farms had a small articulated German tractor used for busting the middles of the rows. Later on when the farms started using the stringing machines instead of women with a needle and twine, the machines were all German manufacture.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
If you all have not watched Clarkson’s Farm on Amazon, you are missing out. Jeremy Clarkson, from the Top Gear, tries his hand at farming. First thing he does is buy a Lamborghini tractor. :lol:

One of the best shows out there.

1710275247496.jpeg

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
My first tractor was a 1939 Massey Harris 101 Super. Had been sitting in a field for sometime. Engine was split from freezing and seized up. The hydraulic pump was shot and the PTO jammed. My uncle, a tree planter for St. Regis, hauled to our house because a needed a tractor to disk down weeds and carry water to pecan trees. I rebuilt the engine, learning how to weld to fix the cracked block, rebuilt the hydraulics, and rebuilt the PTO box. When I was 14. Used that tractor for 3 years until I absolutely wrecked the motor trying to pull stumps with it.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
My first tractor was a 1939 Massey Harris 101 Super. Had been sitting in a field for sometime. Engine was split from freezing and seized up. The hydraulic pump was shot and the PTO jammed. My uncle, a tree planter for St. Regis, hauled to our house because a needed a tractor to disk down weeds and carry water to pecan trees. I rebuilt the engine, learning how to weld to fix the cracked block, rebuilt the hydraulics, and rebuilt the PTO box. When I was 14. Used that tractor for 3 years until I absolutely wrecked the motor trying to pull stumps with it.
The Massey Ferguson plant in Detroit was less than half a mile from our second house in Detroit. It was built in 1947, was 820,000 sq ft, and at it's peak, produced over 200 tractors... per day. The rail yard was about 3 "long blocks" from our house and I think I was no younger than 5 the first time we rode our bikes there (parentless, as one still did in the 70's and 80's) and "played on the trains" which included flat cars full of M-F tractors that we would play on.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
The Massey Ferguson plant in Detroit was less than half a mile from our second house in Detroit. It was built in 1947, was 820,000 sq ft, and at it's peak, produced over 200 tractors... per day. The rail yard was about 3 "long blocks" from our house and I think I was no younger than 5 the first time we rode our bikes there (parentless, as one still did in the 70's and 80's) and "played on the trains" which included flat cars full of M-F tractors that we would play on.
A different time…

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
If I'd known there were so many tractor lovers here I'd have started a tractor thread! :lol:
We've had this JD for 25 years and it's paid for itself over and over. It has helped us build the house, move enormous logs and cut the grass. Never had a problem, except the ones that I cause. Best investment for our property.

tractor.jpg

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If I'd known there were so many tractor lovers here I'd have started a tractor thread! :lol:
We've had this JD for 25 years and it's paid for itself over and over. It has helped us build the house, move enormous logs and cut the grass. Never had a problem, except the ones that I cause. Best investment for our property.

View attachment 68221
If you have acreage over 10 you should have one.

Seedy

Totally not CDGator
Oct 17, 2020

View attachment 68221
...and the bucket you got me for my birthday increased its usefulness 1000%

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We have 5 but Seedy also uses it as a snow plow for driveways and the roads. He’s saved many neighbors a lot of money. Also helped to clear the road from trees many times.
Now who is the smart one? :lol2:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We have 5 but Seedy also uses it as a snow plow for driveways and the roads. He’s saved many neighbors a lot of money. Also helped to clear the road from trees many times.

Yes, we have heard about these hot neighbors :naughty: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.