Kiffin already burning bridges

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt this goes to court but couldn't schools claim kids screw them also by jumping ship on signing day etc.?

This has been bugging me too. I get that you need to hold true to your word. If you tell a recruit he's your guy and he's the one you want, then you need to honor that. However, if a kid is taking visits at multiple schools and playing the recruiting game, then all bets are off because there's no way you can know if he's going to honor his "commitment". In that case, I feel it's 100% acceptable for the staff to go out and find another kid who won't be taking all kinds of visits and entertaining the overtures from other schools' coaching staffs. Loyalty goes both ways. If the scholarship is gone before he signs his LOI, then it's his own fault for playing the game instead of being a grown up and being honest about his intentions. Just how I feel about it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This has been bugging me too. I get that you need to hold true to your word. If you tell a recruit he's your guy and he's the one you want, then you need to honor that. However, if a kid is taking visits at multiple schools and playing the recruiting game, then all bets are off because there's no way you can know if he's going to honor his "commitment". In that case, I feel it's 100% acceptable for the staff to go out and find another kid who won't be taking all kinds of visits and entertaining the overtures from other schools' coaching staffs. Loyalty goes both ways. If the scholarship is gone before he signs his LOI, then it's his own fault for playing the game instead of being a grown up and being honest about his intentions. Just how I feel about it.
An early signing period would cut down on this quite a bit IMO. Kids that are worried about having a spot could sign early if they have a commitable offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.