Kiffin Tricks FAU into 10 Year Contract

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I have a strong feeling that FAU got a pretty decent buyout when he leaves. He won't be there long.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
He says he likes it there. Coaches say lots of things.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
"The Cheribundi Tart Cherry Boca Raton Bowl" :headbang:

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017

We could be in for some world-class trolling if both coaches last out a good bit of their contracts.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
They love him down here. He's a good fit at FAU. I don't know that a major college is going to take a chance on him in the next couple years given his history. If he keeps winning than maybe in 3+ out bigger colleges will come calling.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
They love him down here. He's a good fit at FAU. I don't know that a major college is going to take a chance on him in the next couple years given his history. If he keeps winning than maybe in 3+ out bigger colleges will come calling.
Ya know, with a decent offense and Kiffin's personality FAU might just out-draw UM down the road.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Kiffin is thrilled

Screen_Shot_2017_01_30_at_9.15.09_PM.png

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I think he leaves after next season (barring a complete meltdown...which is possible). The guy is a great offensive coach and he's proven it. Now, his tweet's and antics are a bit much...but there are plenty of programs that I could see taking the risk. I'm sure he'll have a personal conduct clause in any contract he gets!

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
He makes decent money, has an easy job to be successful at, and lives in a nice area. Unless you are motivated by money a lot i tis a great position to be in.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Oxking told me weeks ago that maybe Kiffin just liked it there and didn't want to leave. I doubted it, but he may be right. He's making plenty of money and living on the water, and has a job with absolutely no pressure. Doesn't sound so bad.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He makes decent money, has an easy job to be successful at, and lives in a nice area. Unless you are motivated by money a lot i tis a great position to be in.

He's money driven.

He's "only" making $900K there (not sure what the new contract is). He took a paycut leaving Bama.

When he was at Bama he had remarked about his lifestyle taking a hit due to owing his ex wife a ton of money in the divorce.

I'm sure he lives comfortably, but if you're making $1 million/year and get offered $3.5 million to go coach somewhere else you're going to turn that down? Keep in mind, if he gets canned at FAU they probably owe him next to nothing (in the big scheme of "big time" college football). He goes to a Power 5 school and gets $3.5 million (or more) he likely has a huge buyout if he gets fired (Butters got $7.5 million).

Sure, FAU is a nice location....and lots of hot chicks. But Kiffin likes the spotlight and money. He gone.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Lane Kiffin jokes about ex-wife Layla, Barack Obama and money

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/12/lane_kiffin_jokes_about_ex-wif.html

Lane Kiffin, ever the jokester, seemed to realize he probably shouldn't tell the joke to a Sports Illustrated reporter.

But Kiffin is Kiffin and he couldn't pass up the opportunity to compare his ex-wife to the outgoing United States president.

"I used to say there's a constantly daily battle between who can take more of my money between Layla and Obama," Kiffin told SI.com.

"I figured it out. I really don't make any money. I pay around 52% in taxes. Layla gets 34.5% in the divorce, and [agent Jimmy Sexton] gets 3%. I make [about] 9% and I'm living in Tuscaloosa."

In the enlightening story, SI tags along with Kiffin as he goes house-hunting in the Boca Raton area for his impending move to Florida. It's well worth the time to read as Kiffin reflects on his career, the value of money at this stage of his life and how long he sees himself staying at Florida Atlantic.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I'm not sure if Lane tricked FAU or not. I do know he's now done something no UF coach has ever done: he has made (a) Driskel look like a great QB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator