Krispy Kreme Doughnuts

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
If you love doughnuts — and I mean really love doughnuts — you may want to consider planning a trip to New York City to check out Krispy Kreme’s new flagship shop.

It’s not just another place to grab some delicious doughnuts (though there will be lots and lots of doughnuts). The 4,500-square-foot location will also have the world’s largest “Hot Light,” a huge glaze waterfall, a take-out window with doughnuts available 24 hours a day and a theater where visitors can watch the doughnut-making process.

Set to open on Sept. 15 in Times Square, the one-of-a-kind shop also has stadium-style seating inside a giant Krispy Kreme box, merchandise and a “Big Apple” doughnut exclusively available at that location.

The $11 Big Apple treat is filled with apple-flavored cream and coated with a shiny red icing.

krispy-kreme-store-1.jpg

apple-doughnut.jpg

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Is the Krispy Kreme off 13th Ave in Gainesville still open? I lived near there my last semester and would get some HOT DOUGHNUTS NOW at midnight.

002A89A100000258-5024291-image-a-32_1509110938941.jpg

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
To this day I still can’t pass up one of their stores when the HOT sign is lit up.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Stop already, I drive by one every day I go to Pubix. I avert my eyes.

If I drive through I get a dozen and they're gone by the time I get home.

They’re the best when still warm enough to literally melt in your mouth. But I’ve never met one that I didn’t like! :lol:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
They’re the best when still warm enough to literally melt in your mouth. But I’ve never met one that I didn’t like! :lol:

Agreed but some are just better than others. Syd went with friends to get the special chocolate glazed doughnut they had a few months ago. I have her money to get some and apparently they were out. She came home with a dozen plane Jane basic glazed. Doh!!

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed but some are just better than others. Syd went with friends to get the special chocolate glazed doughnut they had a few months ago. I have her money to get some and apparently they were out. She came home with a dozen plane Jane basic glazed. Doh!!

Awww, that’s a shame.... that means she’ll just have to go back and try again! :grin:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I haven't met many Krispy Kreme doughnuts that I didn't like. Chocolate covered cream-filled and glazed are the best hands-down though...

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't met many Krispy Kreme doughnuts that I didn't like. Chocolate covered cream-filled and glazed are the best hands-down though...

I can't agree with this. In fact, I suggest we all disperse and consume mass quantities of all the KK offerings then reconvene at a later time to debate the merits of your claim.

:grin:

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That looked like a cool place to visit right up until I saw “New York”. I’ll never set foot in that shythole again unless forced with threat of violence or firing.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I grew up with KK. During their hey day they were popping up stores left and right. Now, every store I’ve seen has closed. Not a fan as they now give me heart burn.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I grew up with KK. During their hey day they were popping up stores left and right. Now, every store I’ve seen has closed. Not a fan as they now give me heart burn.

omeprazole - my wife takes one of these a day, works like a champ. It's like a $5 prescription.

Now get back in there and fight!

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Couldn't agree more, but I prefer Dunkin donuts to KK on those.
My favorite "store" donut (as opposed to hot, fried donuts from apple orchards with pure fresh apple cider from a cider mill in Michigan) of all time, and for "dunkin'" in milk, was Dunkin Donuts "peanut" donut that had peanut shavings on it. But they went all "peanut allergy retard" and discontinued it... they were dead to me! ;)

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
My favorite "store" donut (as opposed to hot, fried donuts from apple orchards with pure fresh apple cider from a cider mill in Michigan) of all time, and for "dunkin'" in milk, was Dunkin Donuts "peanut" donut that had peanut shavings on it. But they went all "peanut allergy retard" and discontinued it... they were dead to me! ;)
Those bastards!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator