Lamar Jackson almost a Gator

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think we are better off without Muschamp even if it means we didn't get Jackson. I also have to question the kids decision making if he wanted to play for Muschamp after watching what Muschamp did with QBs...

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Louisville-star-Lamar-Jackson-almost-went-to-Florida-47459373

Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson is surging up Heisman Trophy watch lists, and oddsmakers have moved Jackson up dramatically after his fantastic start to the 2016 season.

The Cardinals star has a combined 1,015 yards and 15 touchdowns through just two games, and he is preparing for a big showdown with Florida State this week.

Chris Hummer, national college football writer for 247Sports, wrote a nice feature on Jackson that revealed something very interesting - Jackson almost went to Florida.

In fact, Jackson's high school coach said the quarterback probably would have been a Gator is Will Muschamp weren't fired.

"I think he would have gone to Florida if Muschamp had stayed,” Rick Swain, Jackson's coach at Boynton Beach High School said. “When you don’t know anyone at a school it makes it pretty tough. He knew (Teddy) Bridgewater had gone to Louisville and done great.”

So Jackson could have been the next Tim Tebow for the Gators? SEC teams not named Florida are probably very glad that didn't happen.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah it's pretty common knowledge that the chump was working really hard on him and him leaving really opened up the door for Jackson to Louisville.

It wasn't the only reason. I think that was the year we were after the FSU's Francois and we really started to migrate toward him more as well.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Muschamp, where offensive players go to die. He could take Aaron Rodgers at the current moment and make him into a terrible QB.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm afraid FSU is going to bring him back down to earth on Saturday. They are going to contain him and make him throw.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
And Muschamp was almost a coach.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I will trade losing him because Mustank was fired every day of the week that ends in d a y

It's Great

sidewalk alum
Mar 4, 2016
I'm afraid FSU is going to bring him back down to earth on Saturday. They are going to contain him and make him throw.

this is highly inevitable. And I'm gonna smile. Hate to see a Fla guy struggle but the kid had a chance to play for the U of F and chose the collegiate Angry Birds. Someone have this young man get a CT scan, stat!

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
this is highly inevitable. And I'm gonna smile. Hate to see a Fla guy struggle but the kid had a chance to play for the U of F and chose the collegiate Angry Birds. Someone have this young man get a CT scan, stat!
Yeah, but who the fk doesn't want to see F$U lose, why would you smile?

I'd pull for ISIS against FSU and GA.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'll be happy he went to Louisville for at least one day if they beat the Clowns!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.