Lame Kiffin FAU head coach!

Scott512

Amazing he couldn't get a better job than FAU. But his dickness has caught up with him. Glad he's off Saban's staff their O won't be as good without him.

Mr2Bits

Lifetime Member
I'm kinda surprised by this also. But I'd rather be a millionaire in south Florida than in BR.
Add in the no state Income tax boost, yea he left some on the table leaving Bama and/or not going to LSU but I think we have all been there when working for Satans kin

Alagator

He got the same "hint" about finding a new job or else that Nusschump got before him.

Other than being an insufferable ass, I don't know why they'd wanna run him off... he's been a damn good OC for them...

In terms of recruiting, I'm not really worried about him. He almost certainly took a pay cut to go there...which tells fans, players, players mommas, and HS coaches that he is not there for very long. FAU is just a way to get his foot back in the door for head coaching jobs. He's there for 1 year, maybe 2 years max. As soon as a better gig comes along...

I do fear Charlie Strong to USF could hurt us in recruiting, especially with some of our "Plan B" types. If we even have such a thing anymore...smh

TN G8tr

The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Don't know who is more stupid on this issue. Saban for running him off or Kiffin choosing FAU. He must have wanted to get away from Banger, I mean Bama pretty bad.

MJMGator

Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
His only other option was the OC with the Ogre. He's gone from HC of an NFL team, HC at UT, HC at USC to FAU. I'd say this is his last shot.
Check out this article from USA TODAY:

How Lane Kiffin landed at Florida Atlantic after his success at Alabama

https://usat.ly/2hwCJqR

Alagator

His only other option was the OC with the Ogre. He's gone from HC of an NFL team, HC at UT, HC at USC to FAU. I'd say this is his last shot.
Check out this article from USA TODAY:

How Lane Kiffin landed at Florida Atlantic after his success at Alabama

https://usat.ly/2hwCJqR

Interesting article. Basically kiffin is still kiffin, which is why most programs still wanted nothing to do with him.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Amazing he couldn't get a better job than FAU. But his dickness has caught up with him. Glad he's off Saban's staff their O won't be as good without him.
I don't know about Saban's offense not being good without Kiffin, but I'm sure they wouldn't miss a beat even if Saban hired former UF OC Lynn Amadee to run his offense.

Swamp Donkey

7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Look, Half Kiff was far better than Nusschump, but lets not pretend that there arent hundreds of other guys who could score lots of points given Bammer's talent.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
This is what being a total dickhead does for you: HC at TN, HC at USC, OC at Bama, HC at FAU. The downward spiral of Kiffin's Krimson Korner

gatorkev85

Do you actually want kids who'd rather go play at FIU/FAU? I don't think they'd make much impact on our team and would just likely be filling up roster spots - anyway, it would probably incite you to disparage the kid with something like 'great, he chose us cover FIU/FAU, Mac is so f'kd'. :lol:
I thought that's what we already had on this team, a bunch of fill in players. This is how Mac recruits

GatorJB

Lifetime Member
Disagree about him being a great OC at Bama. His bonehead playcalling cost them the national championship two years ago. I find it hard to believe that Kiffin would leave for this job if Saban still wanted him there. Also, lets not forget that Nuss won a championship at Bama as their OC. In other words, it does't take a great OC to win with that type of talent. He will be replaced and they will continue to score tons of points without skipping a beat.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Time to get on the Lane Train!

Nu'keese just got out on parole and will get FAU in the BCS with the 2 of them!

Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Kiffin is an enigma, not a particularly good head coach and open to criticism for his playcalling and yet one very persuasive salesman when it comes to recruiting. This is obviously a transition gig in his mind. He wants back in the game and I'm not sure I'd bet against him either.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Listen,

Everyone sees the nightmare at the flag ship schools: UF, Miami, F$u.... so these coaches are not dumb, they know the recruiting hotbeds in the country and guess what, ITS FN FLORIDA!!!! So now they are car salesman with the best pitch, "I had the best O" " I am a Defensive expert and will get you drafted in the first round"..... yeah mac wishes Oregon would call him back now!!!

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Kiffin is going to continue in rehabilitation school for a couple of years. Bobby Petrino did this with a brief stint at Western Kentucky before stepping up to Louisville. The way Kiffin left Tennessee was horrendous and his Karma caught up with him at Southern Cal. Kiffin is going to have to spend two or three years in Boca Raton and do extremely well before any major power 5 conference will even consider hiring him.

Swamp Donkey

7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Lane Kiffy isn't a threat to our recruiting yet we will be down in South Florida trying to steal FAU and FIU recruits in four weeks.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Charlie Weis Jr. - this is unbelievable. That goofy ass kid of his, started at UF as a "student assistant"....then followed dad to Kansas....got a "favor" from Nick Saban to come on as an "analyst" at Alabama and now may land a real coaching job at FAU w/ Kiffin. Unbelievable. Talk about "privilege".

Florida Atlantic: Lane Kiffin says it’s definitely a possibility he brings some coaches from Alabama. Fox Sports’ Bruce Feldman reports analyst Charie Weis Jr. may be one of them. Asked if Steve Sarkisian could follow, Kiffin said he didn't know where things are at and what Nick Saban might do. Kiffin is also looking at Florida high school coaches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator