Lawrence Phillips Found Dead In Prison

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
You're blaming Allah for Lawrence of Nebraska? LOL

Strike him down, Daddy.

No, dork. His statement clearly places the "blame" on phillips. You stirring the pot or just lack reading comprehension?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Sad story, but not surprising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Always disappointed when you think of what might have been. Cautionary tale, no doubt

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
How do you commit suicide, presumably with some kind of drug, without drugs?

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
York, you are, at times, minimally amusing.

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, FOREVER STOP ALLUDING TO ALLAH.

Given what our country and other are facing with the radical ISLAM fanatics, your "chique" referrals to that cretin are obnoxious.

Ox, I'd appreciate it if you permanently ban Dork the next time he referrences that goat-****er.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Like him or not, it's kinda sad.

It is sad, tremendously sad. As happens so often in black neighborhoods, Phillips' father abandoned him as an infant and left his mother to raise him. It gets worse, though. Phillips apparently was kicked out of the house at 12 and, according to a piece I read on it, "left to wander the streets for a year." As a 12-year-old. Nope, not the kind of environment that promotes healthy emotional development.

Yeah, I know, some of you are thinking tough shyt, he made his own bed, which in essence he did. And yet you can't deny how these kind of domestic circumstances, which are prevalent in black communities, can lead to so many issues later on.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sad & bad is true. Phillips must have self-nourished criminal anger within himself.
Then every frustration he responded to with harmful violence. Guess he was never
gonna improve.?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
It is sad, tremendously sad. As happens so often in black neighborhoods, Phillips' father abandoned him as an infant and left his mother to raise him. It gets worse, though. Phillips apparently was kicked out of the house at 12 and, according to a piece I read on it, "left to wander the streets for a year." As a 12-year-old. Nope, not the kind of environment that promotes healthy emotional development.

Yeah, I know, some of you are thinking tough shyt, he made his own bed, which in essence he did. And yet you can't deny how these kind of domestic circumstances, which are prevalent in black communities, can lead to so many issues later on.

Everybody in prison has a sad story. Having a ****ty upbringing is no excuse for being a ****ty human being. I'm sure in his 40 years more than a few people tried to help him. He made his decisions.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014

That's a very kind and considerate view of the situation. And if I had heard that side of the story before, I'd forgotten it.

But you did write "Phillips apparently was kicked out of the house at 12." That's sounds a lot different from being a neglected, latch-key kid. What kind of a terror does a 12-year old have to be, to be kicked out of the house ? (OTOH, there could be a malignant stepfather or mother's boyfriend involved too.)

It is always sad to see great talent wasted.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's a very kind and considerate view of the situation. And if I had heard that side of the story before, I'd forgotten it.

But you did write "Phillips apparently was kicked out of the house at 12." That's sounds a lot different from being a neglected, latch-key kid. What kind of a terror does a 12-year old have to be, to be kicked out of the house ? (OTOH, there could be a malignant stepfather or mother's boyfriend involved too.)

It is always sad to see great talent wasted.

Impossible to know but a shame that the kid couldn't grow up alongside two functioning parents. And people wonder why these guys grow up to be so warped. Look at the role models, esp on the male side.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

His father abandoned him as and infant and left his mother to raise him?
Hmmm?
Obama did OK with that burden.

Somehow I have no tears for someone with a history of physical abuse and violence who probably murdered his cellmate.

What's next? Are you going to make us cry about the hard life and times of Aaron Hernandez?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
His father abandoned him as and infant and left his mother to raise him?
Hmmm?
Obama did OK with that burden.

Somehow I have no tears for someone with a history of physical abuse and violence who probably murdered his cellmate.

What's next? Are you going to make us cry about the hard life and times of Aaron Hernandez?

Ox is too anal to have done such a sloppy job positioning the second sentence. Otherwise I could swear he's invaded your keyboard.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
True, he had more chances than most disadvantaged kids, still sad somehow to me. After things get broken, sometimes the pieces never go back together the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator