LDR is your QB

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
I think we see Franks again. LDR isn't good enough to get through this season without serious problems. It might be this Saturday.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel looked scared at times (Hell, I would have been scared going in as a freshman against Alabama). Franks doesn't look scared but he does look lost. It's got to be hard going from playing small school football and just throwing it to your fastest guy, to SEC football. The good thing is that he can throw it deep to the fastest guy on the field, and you can't teach that.
Oh yeah. I get that. I played QB thru Juco and was never even asked to read a defense. It scares the hell out of me just to contemplate taking a snap at this level. I think Franks is a real talent but one who needs the time to learn to make progressional reads but he probably doesn't trust the OL. I feel for them all but obviously we expect more from them.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I talked with a former high school coach
of one of our best player. I can't mention either of their names. The player assured him LDR will be the starter against Michigan. He said Zaire would see action. And Franks is upset with the Zaire situation. This coach has remained in close contact with his former player. I hate to hear this.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I posted the above post on August 13th. I believe the player who gave the coach the info knew LDR was obviously the better QB. Butters probably went with Franks to satisfy complaints of not developing a quality QB. Unfortunately LDR is the best we have. I watched Franks in the high school state championship game and I was very disappointed. He looked slow in it. Butters started Franks trying to hold on to his job. We better hope LDR's experience helps. Bottom line is he will be the QB until he gets injured unfortunately. The whole team probably knew LDR was the best QB.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The twitter twit... air, dirt, left, right, and the desperate hernia heave... good times, Mac you're a loser and a piss poor teacher... that is all on the topic.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
welp...vandy is gonna win.
giphy.gif

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This needed to happen. Our starting qb has been benched in 2 of his 3 starts. The coaches trust Del Rio with a lot more of the offense than they do Franks. Frank's has a cannon but he was a project and sometimes projects fail. The offense was smoother, the oline blocked better and Del Rio made throws that franks wouldn't have seen. The presnap checks and protection calls from del Rio made a world of difference. There's no way franks would've found Thompson on that 4th down. We need Del Rio to play and stay healthy (he was serviceable last year before the knee and shoulder injuries) this year and then pray Corral is the real deal when he early enrolls. Frank's just isn't the answer.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, it may be short sighted but if everything is cooking behind the scenes that we think may be cooking behind the scenes, Mac ain't thinking long term. He is just thinking about surviving the next game. It is the only thing in his control and if it goes badly, it's the only thing he can carry wherever he goes next. The W-L record. I hope LDR does well and I hope our team does well.
I can't blame Mac for trying to win now. I'm sure he's feeling at least a small amount of pressure and he knows he can't be losing games he shouldn't. That said, his lack of developing a functional offense has put him in this precarious situation so I'm not shedding a tear for him.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
This needed to happen. Our starting qb has been benched in 2 of his 3 starts. The coaches trust Del Rio with a lot more of the offense than they do Franks. Frank's has a cannon but he was a project and sometimes projects fail. The offense was smoother, the oline blocked better and Del Rio made throws that franks wouldn't have seen. The presnap checks and protection calls from del Rio made a world of difference. There's no way franks would've found Thompson on that 4th down. We need Del Rio to play and stay healthy (he was serviceable last year before the knee and shoulder injuries) this year and then pray Corral is the real deal when he early enrolls. Frank's just isn't the answer.

I'm not going to argue about presnap checks and protection calls but I will argue that Del Taco made throws Frank's wouldnt have seen.

What throws were those? He had one across his body on fourth down. The rest were screens, a slant into double coverage and an interception. Not really that impressive.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not going to argue about presnap checks and protection calls but I will argue that Del Taco made throws Frank's wouldnt have seen.

What throws were those? He had one across his body on fourth down. The rest were screens, a slant into double coverage and an interception. Not really that impressive.
In not saying they were all that impressive. I'm just saying Uncle Del Rico gives us the best chance to win right now.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
In not saying they were all that impressive. I'm just saying Uncle Del Rico gives us the best chance to win right now.

Yeah I just don't think that at all. Think we are screwed with either but when teams learn all they have to do is load the box because LDR's arm is a noodle, we are ****ed

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I just don't think that at all. Think we are screwed with either but when teams learn all they have to do is load the box because LDR's arm is a noodle, we are ****ed
I can def agree with that, but the coaches aren't gonna take advantage of Frank's arm strength, so what's the point of him being out there? Bandaid this year with a guy that the coaches at least trust enough to run more than 3 different plays and then hope Corral is a baller for next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.