Leave it up to the Cowboys

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There are many first round busts that get released and don't get their full salary... Like Johnny Manziel... Or that LSU tub of fat that was drafted by the Raiders...

Johnny Maziel got most of his contract, and JeMarcus was before the salary rookie cap. He was one of the major reasons for it. $68 Million signing bonus.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Johnny Maziel got most of his contract, and JeMarcus was before the salary rookie cap. He was one of the major reasons for it. $68 Million signing bonus.
That isn't a guarantee, like baseball... Watch and see. Next year, all top 10 draftees will ask for this.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Really? I wonder if Easley knows his contract is going to get paid even though he just got cut.

being just about $5.89 of his $7.3 Million was guaranteed I would say that most of it was guaranteed, would you not?

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
being just about $5.89 of his $7.3 Million was guaranteed I would say that most of it was guaranteed, would you not?
No, I would call that $1,410,000 short of all of it... Those were just immediate examples that came to mind. If you draft a first round bust you can cut him loose and save cap space and money before the end of his contract, not so if you guarantee all of it like here. Why is this a hard point to grasp?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That isn't a guarantee, like baseball... Watch and see. Next year, all top 10 draftees will ask for this.

Johnny Manziel is a bad example, being he was cut with cause. But he did receive 5,533.916 of this projected 7,707,913.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Cute? Your team hasn't been relevant in two decades.........

Btw, thank god for LaVar Arrington
Lol does Houston even have a play-off appearance in their franchise history?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No, I would call that $1,410,000 short of all of it... Those were just immediate examples that came to mind. If you draft a first round bust you can cut him loose and save cap space and money before the end of his contract, not so if you guarantee all of it like here. Why is this a hard point to grasp?

I'm grasping it, you are the one bitching about it. The difference in point, top 10 pick, top 20-30 pick. Which pick has more leverage.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
So alcoholism and lying to your team is a common reason for teams just to cut players?
First round busts happen often for many reasons. That is why this is bad territory for the Cowboys to venture into...

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016

Not being either's optometrist, I can't speak to their vision. WRT to type of back, my point is E. Smith was small and strong and did alright. In fact, Elliott is bigger but I'll get back to you on comparisons after Elliott surpasses 10,000 yards rushing.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
First round busts happen often for many reasons. That is why this is bad territory for the Cowboys to venture into...

And so do Free Agents, Elliott is going to be the 9th highest paid running back in 2016. Below such stallworths as Jonathan Stewart, Doug Martin, Jamaal Charles, and Chris Ivory. But we are worried about a Running back averaging 6,239,086 which is guaranteed if he is on the roster at the beginning of the league year outside of his signing bonus. Am I shocked that according to his contract 98.02% of the money is guaranteed, it was unexpected (teams 5th year option at league minimum isn't guaranteed).

But at that cost with the rookie cap, with a player like last years Jameis Winston's contract being 100% guaranteed (I guess the Cowboys didn't do it first). Or Carson Wentz (2nd pick over all) having 98.31% guaranteed, we don't want to complain about those?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Bucs weren't the first either, Blake Bortles is 100% guaranteed.... but lets bitch because it's the Cowboys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.