Leghumpers Prediction Thread

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hope they don't target our skill players; so they'll have to hold their distemper.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I believe either team could win this game. I thought the same for LSU and I still believe that was correct. (Grantham had a stupid game plan, playing off their receivers.) Keys to the game, as everyone knows, are:
  1. limitting Swift & generally tackling well
  2. protecting Trask
  3. pressuring Fromm
I think the play of Zuniga and Greenard are vital to #1 & #3. If we do reasonably well at those, we win.

I'll say:

UF: 30
UGA: 24

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
If the team is as confident as this board, should be a blood bath today.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Earlier in the year I compared this team to the '06 team and I was ridiculed.

This team is on the upswing. Georgia fans are nervous. I've talked to several of them and they still brag about the last 2 years, but something is different this year. This team gets better every week. And as much garbage that gets thrown at Dan's play calling, other team's fans are fearing our offense. Trask has been a godsend. This could be Dan's defining moment. If we win, we're going to Atlanta. And unlike previous years, I don't see a team in college football that's definitively better than us. Of course we could lose to any of the top teams, but their beatable. We may even be favored on a neutral field. With that being said...

UF- 29
UGA- 23

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Fighting Gators 24
chihuahuas 17

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I agree, but not this year. Trask will be exposed.
Butt Sniffers 28
Go Gators 17.

See, here’s what I don’t get. If someone claims to be a gator fan, for the biggest game in probably the past 8 years...why in the fk would you predict a loss? If that’s truly how someone feels, then why not just STFU and not post anything?

I know, I know - “just keeping it real” bullshyt. With all due respect, anyone predicting a gator loss can just GTFO.

I said “with all due respect”.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I predict that we finally figure out how to run the ball this week.

I could be wrong. :lol:

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016

It’s odd I feel the same way. I know stopping swift is the overwhelming favorite for the “key” to the game. Turnover battle wins this game. Ball security and forcing mistakes will be our “key” IMO.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I’ve got two warring visions in my head.

In one, our better coached, finally healthy Gators resume their efficient and explosive offense and the defense manages to slow UGA’s running game enough to win. Henderson & Wilson are a huge difference over last year and snag a couple of picks.

In the other, UGA has used these last two weeks to work out the kinks in their offense. They’ve heard all about the resurgence of UF and they are quietly laying in the weeds.

I’m going with #1.

Gators 31-23.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

I agree - and it will likely be in unusual, manufactured ways that throw the defense off balance, which opens up traditional running lanes. Mullen will have some new plays and I bet the old HBC offered some ideas.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I’m not going to lie, this game scares me and I’m nervous. Can we win, sure. However, we have a tendency to make average QBs look like superstars and Fromm carved us up last year. We need to hit him repeatedly and keep him off balance. Also, if we don’t tackle and they get their running game going, it could be a long afternoon. Georgia really hasn’t put a complete game together yet this season. Tomorrow is not the time for us to allow that to happen.

I’m not as confident as some on here that think we will blow them out. We can win but we need to play well for that to happen and the coaches (i.e.- Mullen & Grantham) have to have their act together...no stupid play calling by Mullen like LSU Q3 & Q4 last series and no LSU “hey, defense, just stay on the bus the entire game because we don’t need you” defensive coaching & play-calling by Grantham.

Well, I hate to say it but I was pretty much right on the money with my concerns. Fromm looked like Joe Montana out there today. I probably would have looked just as good with all the time he had to throw. That’s what happens when you don’t rush more than four pretty much the entire game.

Last edited:

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
See, here’s what I don’t get. If someone claims to be a gator fan, for the biggest game in probably the past 8 years...why in the fk would you predict a loss? If that’s truly how someone feels, then why not just STFU and not post anything?

I know, I know - “just keeping it real” bullshyt. With all due respect, anyone predicting a gator loss can just GTFO.

I said “with all due respect”.
The thread was about who would do you think will win, not who do you want to win.
Dogs just have better players. Not all that hard to see the writing on the wall.
But hey, 10 & 2 is still way ahead of schedule.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The thread was about who would do you think will win, not who do you want to win.
Dogs just have better players. Not all that hard to see the writing on the wall.
But hey, 10 & 2 is still way ahead of schedule.

I blame you directly for the loss.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
I blame you directly for the loss.
If I thought that by picking the gators it would have changed the outcome, I would have
done so in a heart beat. But alas, I have found that life is filled with more success and less heart break
by being a realist rather than a wishful thinker. So here's the deal: Gators win out, including the Bowl Game!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.