Let’s Talk Positives

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
The post-Tebow curse seems to live on. We sold our souls to have that generational talent. Nothing has gone right since.
Thoughts along these lines have also crossed my mind. I recall telling my (now) ex that I am getting everything I can out of these years since it will be a long time before we see something like this again.

However, I actually think it goes back further, to the SOS years. He changed the expectations for Gators Football and we now expected to WIN. He lasted a good long while, too! He also had such STYLE and our opponents hated him - it was great time.

Then the Zook years and then Meyer comes along and gives us 2 'ships. Wow! Peronally never really liked Urbs, thought he was a cold fish, but loved the results.

I can totally see how you younger folks are so bummed out now.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Animated GIF

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Considering the offense was 1/13 on 3rd, the defense performed admirably. However, if Rising was healthy, Utah would have put half a hunny on us.

Napier is too nice. Zero ass chewing on the sideline. Zero let’s beat the absolute **** out of our opponent. How many winning football coaches are nice guys? Saban? Bowlcut? Urbs? Spurrier? Bear? Hayes? Schembechler? Switzer? Osborne? Bowden (ultimate fake nice guy)? Paterno (himself a closet pedophile)?

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I know its been mentioned, but tackling was drastically improved. We even tackled our own guy well on the opening deep pass.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Napier is too nice.
My son was at one of the HS football camps this summer. His take away was Napier was boring and could almost barely be heard talking to the group of players. I'm sure Napier doesn't want to be at those things, but it was still notable how underwhelmed a HS kid was by the head coach of UF. Armstrong was audible all over the place.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My son was at one of the HS football camps this summer. His take away was Napier was boring and could almost barely be heard talking to the group of players. I'm sure Napier doesn't want to be at those things, but it was still notable how underwhelmed a HS kid was by the head coach of UF. Armstrong was audible all over the place.
Yes the lackluster recruiting shows that high schoolers can’t stand Billy.

What’s next? Complaints that he has out of control foot odor?

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Yes the lackluster recruiting shows that high schoolers can’t stand Billy.

What’s next? Complaints that he has out of control foot odor?
His exact comment was he didn't seem like he'd energize a team for games, not that he may not be likeable in one on one situations.

But, I get it, I wrote something not positive about Napier that directly relates to what we all recently saw on the sideline and press conferences. It's outrageous and I'm clearly just a hater with a prostitute deficiency.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
If he ever garners better results no one will give a crap about his demeanor. Even when he’s evading the occasional pointed question. That’s how it works for winners.

Some of it comes down to BN never calling out individual players unless it is to praise them. Fair enough, but the fire has got to get lit somehow, somewhere.

And successful people know when to adapt and strengthen their shortcomings. His big picture management is being taken a bridge too far with the less than imposing offensive play calling and special teams gaffes.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
His exact comment was he didn't seem like he'd energize a team for games, not that he may not be likeable in one on one situations.

But, I get it, I wrote something not positive about Napier that directly relates to what we all recently saw on the sideline and press conferences. It's Oxrageous and I'm clearly just a hater with a prostitute deficiency.

FIFO

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
"Michigan audiences have always had a special place in my heart, because, unbeknownst to a lot of people, I started out many many years ago playing in a little club called the Raven Gallery out in Southfield."

The Raven was a pretty iconic spot.
And if you've ever spent an evening inside the Trade Winds in St. Augustine then I can guarantee you never had a problem with COVID.
That place, or drinking from a hose as a kid, all but guarantees you have a strong immune system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.