Founding Member
I blame Bush, completely!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes. Will take work, but my goodness. The problem is under staffed. Simple solution. No way you can do that job with that few people.
Humorous hearing this from you now because a few months ago you bytched any time the UAA spent another penny.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Foley can also lay claim to losing 2 HOF football coaches on his watch. Will Bama ever lose Saban or any other head coach they want to keep? The answer is NO, cause they will pay him and his staff what they want. Get him the facilities he wants, and the support staff he wants. Hell I even read that the boosters at Bama paid off Sabans mortgage. Foley was a cheap POS and we'll be playing catchup for a while.
If you include Billy D...that's three HOF coaches. You might be a pumper if you brag about the All-Sports Trophy.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I've said it before foley should be sued for negligence for this hire. He flies UFs plane all over and this is what he comes back with. I thought whomever did the hiring at Tennessee was a joke, I was wrong we're the joke.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
If you include Billy D...that's three HOF coaches. You might be a pumper if you brag about the All-Sports Trophy.

I was just thinking of football coaches and didn't even think of other sports, but your right Billy was a huge loss as well.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Foley can also lay claim to losing 2 HOF football coaches on his watch. Will Bama ever lose Saban or any other head coach they want to keep? The answer is NO, cause they will pay him and his staff what they want. Get him the facilities he wants, and the support staff he wants. Hell I even read that the boosters at Bama paid off Sabans mortgage. Foley was a cheap POS and we'll be playing catchup for a while.

They did pay it off. They paid for the house and they pay the property tax. All paid by boosters.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
They did pay it off. They paid for the house and they pay the property tax. All paid by boosters.

Saban will probably be there another 10 years, he's probably got more power in that state then the governor. Lol

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
A national radio talk show host was mentioning that he has talked to numerous HC's that made the transition from coordinator to HC and they all admitted that they were lost the first year. They got behind and stayed there unless they were lucky. Yet Foley hired not one but two coordinators to be the HC at Florida. It boggles my mind every time I think of it.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
You mean, this guy?
Foley.jpg

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
All true. But right now, all that matters is what Stricklin does. If he thinks Mullen is a good coach...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
All true. But right now, all that matters is what Stricklin does. If he thinks Mullen is a good coach...
Lol. Id just turn it off, if I havent done so already.

I feel sorry for what we do to our players. They deserve better than MacNusselchump.

Last edited:

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Humorous hearing this from you now because a few months ago you bytched any time the UAA spent another penny.
No, I said those that said pay to get a good coach and upgrade the facilities to step up to the plate.

That still holds because paying the additional 20 recruiting support staff amounts to no more than $3-4MM per year, much less than than what was being proposed. I imagine I could find that without much difficulty.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We just got a 20 mil a year ESPN contract, Augusta. The money is there many times over, unless Fooley stole it.

g8torfan

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The sad thing is were probably stuck with this D-bag coach, staff and 5 recruiters, our facilities are going to be sub-standard for a while and we're just digging ourselves deeper and deeper. There will be 100 baby Jessica's at the bottom of the well when the digging stops. How many 5* recruits are going to be impressed with everything we have to offer when the see ANY other major football programs facilities, staff etc? Going to take years to get turned around and back on track, and the worst thing is it's not like we don't have the $$$$

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The sad thing is were probably stuck with this D-bag coach, staff and 5 recruiters, our facilities are going to be sub-standard for a while and we're just digging ourselves deeper and deeper. There will be 100 baby Jessica's at the bottom of the well when the digging stops. How many 5* recruits are going to be impressed with everything we have to offer when the see ANY other major football programs facilities, staff etc? Going to take years to get turned around and back on track, and the worst thing is it's not like we don't have the $$$$

Isn't SC supposed to be one of only 2 SEC teams with worse facilities than we have but Muschamp is even bringing in offensive player blue chippers there. He has like five 4 stars committed on that side of the ball despite their atrocious offense and despite him being a defensive coach and Mac can only get one 230 lb. D linemen to commit to us right now. Its unbelievable when you really think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator