Let's hire Les

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The guy can recruit, he's available and a definite upgrade over what we have now. There are no Saban's or Meyer's out there, so why not?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Haven't we witnessed enough crappy offense??

I'd rather promote Spurrier from within than hire Less.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Haven't we witnessed enough crappy offense??

I'd rather promote Spurrier from within than hire Less.
He says he's learned his lesson about needing to open up his offense moving forward. Like I said, he's an upgrade over what we have whether he changes his offensive philosophy or not.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
He says he's learned his lesson about needing to open up his offense moving forward. Like I said, he's an upgrade over what we have whether he changes his offensive philosophy or not.

Lol why would it take him getting fired to "learn his lesson" when he has been on the hot seat for years?

I don't know what we can do, but some changes must happen in a hurry.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Like it or not, McElwain returns. We don't have $20+ million to fire him and his staff and bring in the next big thing. He's here for AT LEAST one more year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Like it or not, McElwain returns. We don't have $20+ million to fire him and his staff and bring in the next big thing. He's here for AT LEAST one more year.
:gah:

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't Les Miles putting a staff together, always liked that guy!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
There was already a desperation thread started on this topic during the game...

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
The guy can recruit, he's available and a definite upgrade over what we have now. There are no Saban's or Meyer's out there, so why not?
No...his offenses were worse than Macs. We need a real offensive genius.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No...his offenses were worse than Macs. We need a real offensive genius.

No we don't. We need a coach who can hire a good staff, recruit well, and build a solid team. Even so, Les isn't the answer either. He just got canned by LSU for sucking on offense for too long. Les will get a job somewhere and he deserves it, but not at another high profile school methinks.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
No we don't. We need a coach who can hire a good staff, recruit well, and build a solid team. Even so, Les isn't the answer either. He just got canned by LSU for sucking on offense for too long. Les will get a job somewhere and he deserves it, but not at another high profile school methinks.
How did that work out for Mac and Chump

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How did that work out for Mac and Chump

How did what work out? Are you trying to suggest either of them recruited well? Before you answer that, consider the holes at critical positions, not recruiting rankings.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I am going to make this promise. If I ever win the $100 million dollar lottery and Butters is still the coach, I will take the cash option, walk over to the stadium, knock on the AD's door, and donate the exact amount of money it will cost to make Butters walk. All I would ask is for the ability to a put a name or two on the table. that is my pledge!!!!!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
JHC, I just hope that after today that the pumpers are not on the Cousin Eddie bandwagon

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
Dabo Swiney
I'd go after him, but Petrino and chip kelly are more likely. I think chip gets fired this year or next. If he is fired this year I fire Mac this year and go after chip. If next year I fire Mac and go after him then.

We need chip at florida. Talk about fun and explosive.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There's never been a better time for us to hire mike gundy

g8torfan

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
I agree he's an upgrade, a big upgrade but to be honest we'd have to look pretty hard for a down grade. Les is probably the best unemployed coach available, he knows the SEC, he can recruit his a** off, he's a little loco/entertaining. He's just got to hire an outstanding OC and be the head coach, not the HC/OC. And as much as I DESPISE him, lame kitten will be leaving Bama soon as somebody's head coach but I really, really can't stand him and don't know if he would be a good fit in Gainesville, he'd be better off in Oregon or somewhere like that. Steve would definitely be my first choice but don't know if he (or Jerri) is ready to give up semi-retirement and go back to the 24/365 grind of being the HBC again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator