Let's hire Les

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Les is a better option than what we have, but he's not the answer. He's started too many crappy QBs during his career to make me think we would get something different. I'm sick of terrible QB play.

I wish the university could force Foley into paying for Mac's buyout because all of this mess is ultimately his fault.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I think you have 1 more year for Petrino to leave. HE has one more year with jackson and then he bolts to highest bidder

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I know the timing is kinda bad for this suggestion:stirpot:, buutttt unlike Miles or our present coach, Bert ACTUALLY tries to make adjustments when things aren't working like hiring a different OC...he gets decent QB play from average QB's, has functional offensive lines, is used to working with 3 stars, runs a clean program, ACTUALLY BEATS RANKED TEAMS, 5-4 in the last 2 seasons....The only thing he's missing is a fertile recruiting area.....

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I know the timing is kinda bad for this suggestion:stirpot:, buutttt unlike Miles or our present coach, Bert ACTUALLY tries to make adjustments when things aren't working like hiring a different OC...he gets decent QB play from average QB's, has functional offensive lines, is used to working with 3 stars, runs a clean program, ACTUALLY BEATS RANKED TEAMS, 5-4 in the last 2 seasons....The only thing he's missing is a fertile recruiting area.....

Fvkk Bert and the doughnut shop he rode in on.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think he'd recruit well in that fertile recruiting area. Mac stole two out-of-state recruits from him last year and he still is having a hard time keeping his best in-state recruits from going elsewhere.

We definitely need a coach that can recruit and that the recruits will be excited about.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with OX on this one. I would offer Chip Kelly $10 MM/year to come back to college. If he was our coach, we would have 5 stars lined up at the door to play here - especially the offensive players.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I don't think he'd recruit well in that fertile recruiting area. Mac stole two out-of-state recruits from him last year and he still is having a hard time keeping his best in-state recruits from going elsewhere.

We definitely need a coach that can recruit and that the recruits will be excited about.
I'm not at all serious but it kind of proves the point about stealing 2 out of state recruits from him......If the coach of UF can do that what does it say about Arky as a desirable place to play?

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Any opinions on the new guy at UCF? They seem to be playing well.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

This is something I mentioned at the beginning of the season about the SEC East. Prior to the beginning of the season who would most have said is the best HC in the East? You have 2 new coaches, 1 retread and 4 others. My answer before the season and again right now would have been the Vandy coach. Yes you have to judge him a bit differently b/c although their players are not at the same academic standard as the general student population there, the athletes still are not morons. Vandy can't recruit just anyone. I have seen enough from the 2 new coaches to show me they stink at game management based on some questionable decisions. The other 4 are just awful. I am not saying Bert is the guy, but I use him as an example in regards to his mentor Barry Alvarez. When Alvarez took over a middling to bottom WISC team, the Big 10 was still the Big 2 Little 8, but littered with awful coaches especially at Michigan (Moeller, Carr, etc.) and Ohio State (John Cooper). Hell Hayden Fry was still at Iowa. So the fact that WISC hired a guy who turned out to be a good coach in regards to fundamental football allowed WISC to reach near the top of the Big 10 quickly. Bielema's teams do a lot of things that I personally like, but the point I was making early in the summer was that if UT, UGA, or UF could hire the absolute best coach, they could dominate the SEC East for 10 years, similar to how Alvarez was able to get WISC going quickly. The difference is that UT, UGA and UF are already near the top and just need the right sideline manager. I would love to find a guy who did a lot in terms of fundamentals without any 5 star talent and then let him apply those teachings to a group loaded with athleticism.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I agree with OX on this one. I would offer Chip Kelly $10 MM/year to come back to college. If he was our coach, we would have 5 stars lined up at the door to play here - especially the offensive players.

FWIW I just saw where Kelly says he is not interested in going back to college ball. But since Kelly is a noted liar, it probably means he is interested. I personally have no interest in him as our coach b/c I have no interest in watching and losing games 60-50, I am one of the few who enjoy a game like alabama-lsu much more.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Scott Frost is the guy at UCF and is a former Nebraska qb. Also coached at Oregon previously.

Not a big fan of bringing in Kelly to the SEC however, it would be better than what we have now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.