Little Bits & Small Pieces: Florida vs Charlotte

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
You getting back so soon is an answered prayer, Cover. I attend weekly bible study with a man that has been diagnosed with multiple myeloma for more than 7 years. He goes to get treatment every month I believe. 85 years old and very active. I think the term is manage the illness. SO that's what you need to do. Glad to have you back in the game.

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
Praying for you Cover, & all the other Chatters’ battling health issues. I have a bff that works for a cancer center and tells me all the time, “a positive attitude is better than any medicine we administer” he swears it’s true. Other than if you’re a miserable SOB, then we know those people can live forever.
Cheers, & Go Gators

HumbleGator

Nov 4, 2017
Montrell is better in pass pro and with O linemen missing that is likely why he was there. Plus, why risk your number one back in a non conference filler when you have a huge road game coming up?
With this logic, why risk your number one WR on punt returns and playing the entire game? The same could be said about many other positions.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I’m in year 12 of being diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma. Had a stem cell transplant at Shands under the care of Dr Jan Morab, who was phenomenal. Been on two different oral regimens and the most recent, Revlimid (Lenolidimide) lasted almost 6 years. Luckily during the span since diagnosis, the number of different treatment options has advanced greatly. I would have to look the name of the drugs up as I don’t yet have them committed to memory amidst all the other medical hubbub going on, but I’m two weeks in where I go every Friday and start with a dose of Dexamethasone (steroid) followed by an injection of Velcade, an injection specifically targeting the myeloma, and another injection for potential bone issues.
This whole process will last 18 wks, tapering down to once every two weeks toward the end. Then if all goes well, I will go for injections once a month for however long.

I also changed from Shands to Mayo. As mentioned earlier, Dr. Morab was the absolute best, but he retired and moved to NC to be near his son and grandkids. The guy who i was assigned to was a non-starter from day 1. In fact, after introducing himself the first thing he wanted to know was if I’d been vaxxed (nope) and then spent time on that sales pitch. He finally told me I looked to be doing fine and didn’t really need to see me for another year instead of the biannual visits I was accustomed to. Finally, the last visit with him was left with “there’s really no need for you to come but maybe in two years!” I finally got the message and when my myeloma markers spiked and my local hematologist sent word that I needed to get word to Shands, I cued up Patty Smyth / Scandal’s ”Goodbye to You” and called Mayo. Got set up with them, evaluated, plan in place to be administered by the folks in Tallahassee. Very pleased, haven’t looked back.
Welcome back, keep up the fight. Gods speed on your recovery.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
With this logic, why risk your number one WR on punt returns and playing the entire game? The same could be said about many other positions.
These kids don’t run on logic. They want touches. His older brother was whining about it on Twitter during the game. BN trying to manage fee fees I’d say…. Still a risk to Etienne any way you slice it. Someone also said he might be trying to help Montrell find a rhythm since he’s been dealing with ankle issues. We need him in the rotation no matter how dominant Etienne becomes.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Welcome back, c2. Glad you've got a handle on all the medical things and are feeling better. Hang in there...that's all that matters.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So much "good" in this thread!

Good that cover2 is fighting for his quality of Life! (I would expect that)
Good that he is receiving prayers and support from you Chatters!
Good that many of you are also "fighting for your quality of life"! (My Prayers for you)
Good that we have a place to congregate.
Good that our Gators got a Win, without major injury.
Good that Cover2 and Truth take time to share their thoughts with us.
Good that Ox hasn't Banned me or put me into rehab!
Good that most of you can put life and football into proper perspective.
Good that life is GOOD everyday, "In all kinds of Weather"...

Go Gators!

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Glad to hear Cover is in the mend…getting up to our age is full of surprises. I’m 65 and thought I was in pretty good shape and was running 3 miles a day. Lost some weight and felt great. Then had a massive headache one morning at my favorite breakfast spot back in June. Couldn’t read my paper….literally couldn’t string a sentence together. Got home told my wife I was going to take 2 Tylenol and go back to bed. She said no….you’re going to the local Med center. Next thing I know I’m in an ambulance on my way to the ER. Spent 10 days in ICU and weathered 2 brain surgeries due to a major brain bleed. Through the grace of God and an amazing neurosurgeon…I survived. Dr. Told me had I not come in on that day….I would have died that day. Even then he told me he wasn’t sure I would survive. Had to review all final arrangements laying in the ICU. Surreal. But wifey gets the kudos as well….and does not hesitate to remind me.

Then a month ago I go to the dermatologist for the first time (after a lifetime of intentionally baking in the sun) and end up with 3 positives and they been cutting **** out of me ever since. All caught in time and relatively minor. Good to go but wondering what’s next?????

cartman302

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2017
Mine is stage 4 prostate cancer that has spread into my tailbone. I have done many radiation treatments (48 I believe) and am now on hormone therapy to slow down any more growth. Its no fun on top of my failed back surgery that also causes chronic pain 24/7. I am on fentanyl pain patches that help some. I also only have 1/3rd of one kidney that functions. The other is useless. Other than that I am ok.

Well, ****. I’m sorry.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
The Late Jimmy Buffet hit the nail on the head when he said “getting old isn’t for sissies “
All most 70 and my plan is to keep doing the things I love doing until I can’t.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
A sharp salute to Cover2, Gatormandan and all other chatters that are in health battles. I've been blessed with good health about all my 69 years and have a strong appreciation for life after dropping like a rock in 2019 with a surprise case of sepsis. 9 days in hospital and the crap ate my mytral valve so back in for open heart surgery. Fun times! Every day's a gift, enjoy all those sunrises and sunsets while we're still here. And... GO GATORS!!!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Man, we are a bunch of sick MthFkers!

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Man, we are a bunch of sick MthFkers!
Sick is relative as one ages. 24 years flying jets and getting an annual physical. Then start falling apart. Pancreas slows down. Bladder stops working. Gallbladder implodes. And the doc says I am very healthy. I really want to meet the folks she thinks are sick.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Welcome back C2 and prayers with recovery. At the end of the day that is what is most important.

At the risk of upsetting people after a win, to me this "process" is just the Muschamp philosophy without the fanatical obsession with defense and nothing else. The philosophy, excuse me, "process" seems to be to play good defense (that's always a good idea), build a small lead, and then sit on it until the clock runs out and hopefully you're still on top. There is nothing exciting, inspiring, or innovative going on in Gainesville. Billy is not an offensive genius or guru, he likes 3.5 yards and a cloud of dust, stay on schedule, etc. etc. The game bored me to tears.

As you recruit talent this approach will win you more games, but I don't believe it is ever going to bring us any championships, just a lot more of "wait'll next year."

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
Just so frustrating to move the ball fairly easily, but then as soon as an important down comes along such as 3rd down or a redzone play, everything goes to hell in a handbasket. One touchdown against these chumps after stalling out 5 times in or near the red zone. 1 for 9 on 3rd downs. I love my Gators but that's a problem.
Plus I'd like to see Mr. Mertz upright for the entire season. Not going to happen without some dudes up front gettin' better at assignment football...GO GATORS...:jog:

Detroitgator

Top-notch Сasual Dating - Real Women
Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Mine is stage 4 prostate cancer that has spread into my tailbone. I have done many radiation treatments (48 I believe) and am now on hormone therapy to slow down any more growth. Its no fun on top of my failed back surgery that also causes chronic pain 24/7. I am on fentanyl pain patches that help some. I also only have 1/3rd of one kidney that functions. The other is useless. Other than that I am ok.
Well fuk... other than THAT Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Hang in there mister, keep the faith.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
So many have already said exactly how I feel and am thinking about Cover and Gatorman.

This place feels like we know each other (some of you do and have met in person), but it's almost like imagining characters in a book since we don't really know each other. Cover is essentially the best of every one of our HS football coaches, uncles, and old school movie drinking buddies. That guy has to get better soon.

Good luck to everyone on here dealing with health issues. Obviously matters more than Gator football.

I hope your doctors are more aggressive than our offense (couldn't resist)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.