Live stream of Corral's game @ 10pm

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
God Lord, if he could somehow helicopter in tomorrow, he might be starting next week. He is the closest thing to "ready" I've seen in a long time.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Corral was lights out int he first half with 240 yards and two TDs including the 97 yarder that he threw from the back of the end zone after slipping. Lot of slipping around actually. Corral showed elusiveness, a quick release as well as effortlessly tossing 50 yarders.

http://www.presstelegram.com/sports...otball-tops-los-alamitos-on-corrals-big-night

LONG BEACH >> Long Beach Poly got a big boost from transfer quarterback Matt Corral on Friday night against Los Alamitos. The Florida commit flashed his big arm early and often against the Griffins, throwing for over 400 yards and a pair of touchdowns to help lead Poly to a 28-10 nonleague victory over the Griffins at Veterans Stadium.
“Matt was great,” said Poly coach Antonio Pierce. “I think Long Beach got to see what everyone has been seeing around the country. He’s the real deal.”
The Jackrabbits looked sluggish early against a disciplined, well-coached Griffins team, and Los Al looked to get on the board first after a big completion by Gran Caraway brought it inside the 10-yard line. But the Griffins stalled and Poly answered quickly as Corral hit USC commit Cam McDonald on a pair of high floaters, the second of which found McDonald in the end zone.
Caraway ran into the end zone from 6 yards out to tie the game late in the first quarter and then the Griffins took the lead on a field goal, but Poly outscored the Griffins 18-0 over the rest of the game.
Malachi Toliver answered quickly with a 95-yard kickoff return for a touchdown after the Los Al field goal. On the next Poly drive, Corral threw from his own end zone and hit Keon Markham for a 98-yard touchdown to put Poly up 21-10. The Jackrabbits added another score from Raymond Graham Jr. in the second half.
Poly stifled Los Al defensively thanks to five interceptions: two by Desmond Talley and one each by Kejuan, Keon Markham and Tyric Lebeauf.
“Our defense made the plays we needed them to,” said Pierce.
It was a tough break for Los Al, which was without standout running back Keanu Norman, who was out with an injury.
Corral was greeted by the Poly crowd with a large ovation after the game as the team danced to the school’s fight song.
“I’m happy we won,” said Corral. “We have a lot of things to work on. I’m glad to know my receivers have my back and they know that I have their back.” In addition to McDonald and Markham, Corral got big completions to Jalen Hall and Darius Kryger, who had five catches for 55 yards and also put in duty as the team’s punter.
For the Griffins, Caraway had a nice start, opening up with 99 yards passing in the first half before turnovers hampered the Griffins’ offense.
The downside of a nice opening win for Poly was a host of penalties including seven unsportsmanlike conduct calls.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Not to derail and I'm thankful we got him.....but did anyone see the Clemson commit Trevor Lawrence play last night? He literally looks better than just about any QB at the college level now. Can make every throw in the book. Like I said I'm glad we got Matt but damned Clemson has a stud for sure.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Not to derail and I'm thankful we got him.....but did anyone see the Clemson commit Trevor Lawrence play last night? He literally looks better than just about any QB at the college level now. Can make every throw in the book. Like I said I'm glad we got Matt but damned Clemson has a stud for sure.

It will help him that Dabo's system is so incredibly simplistic. I've been following Deshaun's preseason with the texans. He's having the same problems Mariota, Tribusky and a host of other QBs that came from those kind of systems. They are literally having to teach him to play the QB position. Watson and Tribusky are calling plays for the first time since high school. lol

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Yeah. He's the best QB in the country. But Corral isn't that far behind.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yeah. He's the best QB in the country. But Corral isn't that far behind.
Probably not. It helped that I watched the 1st half last night and have only seen the highlights of our guy. Sometimes I'm more skeptical of highlights than watching the game itself. It did appear in the little I saw of Corral that he has good field vision with a throw first mentality and a pretty big arm. Lawrence was throwing what looked to be laser guided darts at least in the 1st half of his game. I mean he just didn't miss and always went to the right read with perfect placement of the ball. I'll keep an eye out for Corral's next live game.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Probably not. It helped that I watched the 1st half last night and have only seen the highlights of our guy. Sometimes I'm more skeptical of highlights than watching the game itself. It did appear in the little I saw of Corral that he has good field vision with a throw first mentality and a pretty big arm. Lawrence was throwing what looked to be laser guided darts at least in the 1st half of his game. I mean he just didn't miss and always went to the right read with perfect placement of the ball. I'll keep an eye out for Corral's next live game.
If you can find a replay, watch it. You're right, highlights are one thing but seeing the whole game is another. The kid made great throw after great throw. I think I only saw one bad one where he overthrew the receiver on a slant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.