Local Media starting to turn on Napier: Spurrier speaks

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Luckily OL doesn’t matter much.

Hot damn, great news! I guess we can get rid of the 2 OL “coaches” on our staff & re-allocate that money to a new position. Maybe we hire, I dunno, a head cake baker. In charge of bringing cupcakes for both teams to share at the end of each game, you know, like we all did as 5 year olds playing rec league baseball or soccer.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ox gonna be so pissy when tater is 1-4 and locked out of the facility.
If it’s going to go bad, it needs to go REALLY bad so Strickin isn’t tempted to bring him back in 2025. The worst case scenario is if we’re just really mediocre this year. We need to either have a strong winning season or the wheels have to come off.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
If it’s going to go bad, it needs to go REALLY bad so Strickin isn’t tempted to bring him back in 2025. The worst case scenario is if we’re just really mediocre this year. We need to either have a strong winning season or the wheels have to come off.
Slingblade since Kentucky last year.

car-without-wheels-running.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta agree with @78 , hiring a coach to coach the coaches…how can you not think that is not only going to be picked to pieces but also paint you as an even bigger idiot than most were already thinking? The total lack of awareness alone is staggering. But who could blame him for jumping on the offer to coach the Gators? As most really know, the real culprits are Stricklin, Foley, and the last prez who let these clowns offer the job to Napier. We’ve all joked about the fumigation needed in Athletics/Administration but it’s got to happen soon. UF Athletics is being run like a K-Mart. Beyond dumb.

It's typical Napierism to eschew solving a problem himself for throwing another layer of bureaucracy at it. If we continue to let him be him, we'll eventually need a building the size of Tigert to house the coaching staff.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Biden has a better chance at becoming less senile than Napier has at getting to 8 wins in 2024. I stick to my prediction. We get 3-4 wins next season. Napier is fired before the UGly game.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Are we better on the OL?

James Franco GIF

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
We are better at every position from last year, with an increase in talented depth. Your wishful thinking of 0 to 3 wins ain't gonna happen.

I keep telling you all that talent was and is not the problem. We have equal to better talent than 8-9 teams on the schedule the last 2 years.

The coaching blunders were exposed. Talent can't fix that.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I keep telling you all that talent was and is not the problem. We have equal to better talent than 8-9 teams on the schedule the last 2 years.

More talent can fix one hell of a lot of crappy coaching (just like a good QB can do as well). Just look at Kirby Smart.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

We used to have a top 15 roster..... and now we have a top 15 roster.

Im not sure Ive ever even seen Coach Bushmaster who was down on a coach. I just assumed you gave everyone the benefit of the doubt/ professional courtesy.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Echo the sentiment on tell Kirby that and will add Brian Kelly. Except no hardware for Kelly.

Sat next to Urban at the Gainesville Club meeting prior to the '09 season and we chatted up a bit about recruiting and talent. He specifically said with great talent should get you to 7-8 wins with avg. coaching. Superior Talent with good to > avg. coaching will get you 9-10 wins. That Superior talent with a great staff will get you championships. So yes, talent can mask a problem for the short term.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
.Superior Talent with good to > avg. coaching will get you 9-10 wins. That Superior talent with a great staff will get you championships. So yes, talent can mask a problem for the short term.
What does #15 talent get you?

We know the answer. Good, but not great talent, with bottom 15% coaching gets you UF or USCJr and 5-6 wins.

Our pattern seems to be a hire a below average (C- coach at best) then they lose all the games with equal or better talent on the other side line which still results in 4-5 losses seasons, until the team just quits on the coach.

Of course with Cajun Taggart the team never "unquit" on the coach. He is the rare bird who can consistently lose games to far less talented teams though.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Exceuse me, didn't Saban beat Kirby this year with what most people thought was a worse team talent wise (granted, not by much)?

Kirby didn't make the playoffs with what most everyone thinks is the most talented team in the country.

As usual, you idiots make my point while trying to argue otherwise.

#1 recruiting classes will get us to 10 wins. SUPERIOR coaching on game day with get you a NC.

Now tell me this. What game has BN coached in the last 2 years here that gives you any sort of indication he is capable of SUPERIOR coaching. I will accept an example of a game that showed better than average coaching decisions.

I'll wait.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
We are paying Armstrong 1.1 mil to be our DC. And Napier sees fit to bring in a coach to coach him. That's our fearless leader ladies and gentlemen.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
More talent can fix one hell of a lot of crappy coaching (just like a good QB can do as well). Just look at Kirby Smart.

This sounds like me trying to resolve being in a bad marriage years ago.

More poontang can fix a crappy marriage (just like a good BJ can do as well.) Just look at ox's mom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator