Local Media starting to turn on Napier: Spurrier speaks

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yeah, we said that for the Chimp, Butters and Mullenz. Hell, Butters would still be roaming our sideline if he hadn't forced his way out with a monstrous lie.

A bad trade is a bad trade, no matter where you own it. Please don’t go all stephen on us and pin this on anything other than a failed athletic department. I’ve never said before that anything structural would be changed. I’ve been on record since this hire that it would be SS’s last, regardless of outcome. I will stick with that prediction. And based on my ticket renewals today, I am more confident than ever. I normally float 12-25 FL/uga game tix, and can get more, yet today I was hard pressed to get the commitment for 4, with nothing to tell me I should risk the other money. Ugly time in Gville, but with signs of hope on the horizons.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
A bad trade is a bad trade, no matter where you own it. Please don’t go all stephen on us and pin this on anything other than a failed athletic department. I’ve never said before that anything structural would be changed. I’ve been on record since this hire that it would be SS’s last, regardless of outcome. I will stick with that prediction. And based on my ticket renewals today, I am more confident than ever. I normally float 12-25 FL/uga game tix, and can get more, yet today I was hard pressed to get the commitment for 4, with nothing to tell me I should risk the other money. Ugly time in Gville, but with signs of hope on the horizons.
How could my post be interpreted as anything other than a failed athletic department?

However, I disagree that it's Stricklin's last. His job has never been safer. It's safer now than before he even hired Napier, and Golden's recent success is also a feather in his cap and solidifies his position. He's going nowhere unless he wants to.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How could my post be interpreted as anything other than a failed athletic department?

However, I disagree that it's Stricklin's last. His job has never been safer. It's safer now than before he even hired Napier, and Golden's recent success is also a feather in his cap and solidifies his position. He's going nowhere unless he wants to.
Hopefully there is a committee or heavy outside influence (minus Fooley of course), so soy boy strick is not solely making the next football hire.

Last edited:

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
ETN posting we better hire an OC. Damb I hope antacid is on sale

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Yeah, I'm not sold stricklin is fired either. If golden continues to thrive and he continues to raise funds. Then the timing is a factor. I don't see us trying to hire an ad and coach at the same time.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Agree that it has to bother him. But I don’t need to see Marianne Williamson get 7 votes in the next primary to know she won t be president at this point next year. This Spurrier line is a final nail.
Meh.

If CBN wins, he stays; if he loses, he goes. No matter what SOS says or doesn’t say. My guess is minimum he needs to 8-4, but really I have no idea how many W’s he’ll need to keep his job.

The bigger question is will Lagway stay if CBN gets canned?

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
coaches that we see on the sidelines…they all seem to have beards and can jump around in unison
To me it’s disturbing that the guy on the right hired that guy on the left to be asst WR coach.
1709387108856.png
What the hell can he show Ricky Pearsall about running routes?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with this. I think he was hired for fundraising. And he’s done a great job with it. I don’t think he’s going anywhere.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dooley is the last windowlicker to know.

He still thinks Butters is safe and that he knows more than gidiots. "Coach is doing great so long as the buffet is free!"

And don’t forget that he is still walking around Gainesville mumbling under his breath something about rueing the day that UF let Mike White get away.

We must always remember that only Pat Dooley and Buddy Martin realized what a mistake we were making when we chased away that championship caliber coach. Ha!

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I really wish that I could disagree with this post but unfortunately Ox is 100% correct.
Should Billy fail again this season the question to be answered is not whether or not he gets fired it’s whether or not this athletics program has any legitimate desire to win championships.

If any of these three people (Napier, Stricklin, Foley) are still in the building we will know that the university is not serious about winning. Instead we will know that they believe that they have found the sweet spot between maximizing revenues and pretending to compete.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We must always remember that only Pat Dooley and Buddy Martin
I dont know which of those fuchsing idiots is more clueless. And it isnt just today. There has never been a day when they knew what was going on or had any legit info.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with this. I think he was hired for fundraising. And he’s done a great job with it. I don’t think he’s going anywhere.
Fundraising ? If that’s the case we should’ve hired a skirt with nice tits. Not some candyass that can’t bench the bar and has never excelled in sports as either a player or manager like Scottie .

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fundraising ? If that’s the case we should’ve hired a skirt with nice tits. Not some candyass that can’t bench the bar and has never excelled in sports as either a player or manager like Scottie .
C.mon man! Stricklin looks like he’d be a beast on the Pickleball court.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.