Looking Forward

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Corndogs will tank at Bammer and at Old Piss two weeks later. Bammer could struggle mightily at Cowbell.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I like our chances against Bama better than the Corndogs. However it would almost be a repeat of the 96 season to beat the team that beat us and go on and win the NC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I can't see us not getting to the SECCG. But the only way we beat Bama or LSU in the SECCG with the QB play we saw in the last quarter of the LSU game and yesterday's game is if they give the game to us. Their defense and coaches are not Georgia. Flame away.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
It might not be either Alabama or LSU in the SEC Championship game. As Theologator suggested in an above post all Ole Miss has to do is beat LSU. If Ole Miss beats LSU then Ole Miss will have beaten both Alabama and LSU. The OM - LSU game is in Oxford. The Ole Miss run game is improving with the return of Laremy Tunsil in the offensive line. That has made them a better team. If Ole Miss could beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa (yes, I know Bama uncharacteristically turned the ball over 5 times) then OM can beat LSU at home. That is a big rivalry game. Anything can happen. So while everybody is expecting either the Gators to play LSU or Alabama in the SEC Championship game, it could turn out to a rematch of Florida and Ole Miss.

Then again, the way Ole Miss could lose to Arkansas or Mississippi State then all of what I said above in nil. Hugh Freeze is just not a good game day coach.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Here's what some guy said about SEC Championships and looking forward:

"It’s not about thinking about going to the championships. It’s about what we do right now to get better because a championship will never come if we don’t take care of the now.”

That said...Vandy is awful and the gamecocks aren't much better.
Given where we were expecting to finish the season back in August - I'm moist just thinking about the fact that we're in a position to be in Atlanta.
Don't care who it is we're playing in the SECCG - like Minnie Pearl used to say:
"I'm just so proud to be here!" ...and of course, let's go win that game.
I'm also looking forward to seeing how this will affect recruiting with all the coaching upheaval at various programs.
We are stable, well coached and the freshmen contribute- that will help tremendously getting the elite talent.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No one is talking about FAU. That is a trap game, my fellow Gators. This game takes place a week after we clinch the SEC East and a week before our annual match-up with FSU. Not to mention, they have none other than Jason Driskel at QB, the younger brother of spurned UF QB Jeff Driskel. Jason is boasting a QB rating of 107 in his freshman year and is nimble on his feet, like his brother. He will obviously play with a chip on his shoulder to avenge his family name. Ole Miss or LSU in Atlanta? Don't look past the mighty Owls.

I hear that Muschamp is considering skipping the Auburn v Idaho game to be in attendance with a seat in the Owls section, of course.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I think the only way for us to get into the playoffs is we need LSU to win out and us to win out. They will probably be ranked 1 or 2 after beating Alabama and if we win out we will probably be ranked somewhere between 5th and 8th. Then when we win the SEC championship we will replace LSU in the top 4. If Alabama makes it, that is if Ole miss loses to LSU they will only be ranked around 5th or 6th and us 7th or 8th, which is not enough for us to jump into the playoff over teams already in like Baylor and TCU. The only way with Alabama winning is One of the Top 4 losing also.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
88drgator;n305101 said:
OK, we win the next three games...

Can we beat FSU with this offense?
Do we prefer LSU or Bama in Atlanta?
Can we beat FSU with this offense? Easily
Do we prefer LSU or Bama in Atlanta? Ole Miss

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
BostonGator84;n305106 said:
Yes we can beat FSU with this offense. Especially if the defense gives us short fields to work with.

I'd rather beat LSU in Atlanta. With our SEC schedule and a revenge victory over our only loss, that might be enough to put us in the CFP over an undefeated team from another conference.
:facepalm: One loss SEC champ is in, zero question.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n305454 said:
:facepalm: One loss SEC champ is in, zero question.

Ditto. Mullen is going to have a say in who gets to Atlanta. Hosting both Bammer and Old Piss, I expect Cowbell to pull the upset in one of those.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
gatorfan81;n305449 said:
I think the only way for us to get into the playoffs is we need LSU to win out and us to win out. They will probably be ranked 1 or 2 after beating Alabama and if we win out we will probably be ranked somewhere between 5th and 8th. Then when we win the SEC championship we will replace LSU in the top 4. If Alabama makes it, that is if Ole miss loses to LSU they will only be ranked around 5th or 6th and us 7th or 8th, which is not enough for us to jump into the playoff over teams already in like Baylor and TCU. The only way with Alabama winning is One of the Top 4 losing also.
Holy crap, do some of you guys actually believe this or are you just looking for something to BS about to pass the time? There is zero chance a one loss SEC champ is left out of the playoff. ZERO, NONE, NADA, capeesh?

A two loss SEC champ would need a lot of help, but a one loss is at no risk of being left out. Find something else to worry about:worried:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As far as the playoff it would probably help some if FSU beats Clemson. I would think we would get in over other 1 loss conference champs but it isn't a 100% guarantee I guess especially if Ole Miss won the West and FSU lost to Clemson.

I like our chances against Ole Miss and LSU but I think Bama would be a bad matchup for us compared to those two.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Let's proceed under the assumption that it's a worst case scenario for the SEC - the SEC champion has 1 loss and OSU, Baylor, and Clemson win out. That gives 3 undefeated Power 5 Champions, and they won't be left out. I think even if there's a Group of 6 undefeated team (Memphis? Houston?) they will get a New Years Six bowl but not a CFP spot. That leaves 1 spot left for the highest of:

1-loss Pac 12 Champ (Utah, only loss to USC, wins over Michigan, Oregon, UCLA, Stanford)
1-loss Notre Dame (only loss to Clemson, wins over USC, Temple, Pitt, Stanford)
1-loss SEC Champ (Florida, only loss to LSU, wins over Ole Miss, Georgia, FSU, Bama/LSU/Ole Miss again)

When you look at it that way...we seem to have the best resume? But it's not 100% clear. Notre Dame would have the best loss, if Clemson were in the CFP. Utah would have arguably the best non-conference win.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
BostonGator84;n305509 said:
Let's proceed under the assumption that it's a worst case scenario for the SEC - the SEC champion has 1 loss and OSU, Baylor, and Clemson win out. That gives 3 undefeated Power 5 Champions, and they won't be left out. I think even if there's a Group of 6 undefeated team (Memphis? Houston?) they will get a New Years Six bowl but not a CFP spot. That leaves 1 spot left for the highest of:

1-loss Pac 12 Champ (Utah, only loss to USC, wins over Michigan, Oregon, UCLA, Stanford)
1-loss Notre Dame (only loss to Clemson, wins over USC, Temple, Pitt, Stanford)
1-loss SEC Champ (Florida, only loss to LSU, wins over Ole Miss, Georgia, FSU, Bama/LSU/Ole Miss again)

When you look at it that way...we seem to have the best resume? But it's not 100% clear. Notre Dame would have the best loss, if Clemson were in the CFP. Utah would have arguably the best non-conference win.

Our SOS is taking a big hit with some of our opponents having unusually poor seasons but if we get an FSU win and a SECCG win over a 1 loss LSU or Bama that should be enough. If Ole Miss somehow won the West we may get screwed if there was a 1 loss PAC 12 champ. I also think the members would be getting pressure to include a 1 loss OSU (defending champ - if they win the conference) and a 1 loss ND.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am worried about the national pressure to include Notre Dame and OSU, especially if OSU's only loss is a close loss to an undefeated Michigan State.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
BostonGator84;n305646 said:
I am worried about the national pressure to include Notre Dame and OSU, especially if OSU's only loss is a close loss to an undefeated Michigan State.

Well if OSU didn't win the Big 10 I think they might have to leave them out if their schedule strength isn't adding up. A 1 loss ND or 1 loss Pac 12 champ may be the biggest threat imo. Looking at the schedule OSU would likely miss the Big 10 title game if they lose to Mich State.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator;n305461 said:
Ditto. Mullen is going to have a say in who gets to Atlanta. Hosting both Bammer and Old Piss, I expect Cowbell to pull the upset in one of those.
How many wins does Mullen have in November in his career? One? Two? He is also like 2-24 vs ranked teams. He scares no one.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BostonGator84;n305106 said:
Yes we can beat FSU with this offense. Especially if the defense gives us short fields to work with.

I'd rather beat LSU in Atlanta. With our SEC schedule and a revenge victory over our only loss, that might be enough to put us in the CFP over an undefeated team from another conference.
+1

good gawd people, it's the criminoles, the 2nd most over rated team behind ND each year. In the Swamp.. we beat them by double digits even with Treon having a so so game. If he gets his shiat together between now an dthen we'll crush them.

We almost won in Death Valley, in a night game, our staff and players will win on a neutral field, so a rematch IMO will have this team fired up to get revenge. Not sure how this young team , reaching the SECCG would handle the pressure against a probably heavily favored Bama, Either way, the experience will go a L O N G way towards our National Championship run next year

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator