Looks like Driskel is the starter at bLAh Tech

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
https://www.bayoubuzz.com/louisiana...echs-holtz-to-take-driskel-to-c-usa-media-day

Coach Holtz is unafraid to take him to media day and subject him to the bright lights of C-USA football coverage. I wonder what Driskel will say about his past experiences. Despite what happened at UF, I wish him the best of luck (and wouldn't be ironic if he was an amazing quarterback at his new school? That would be the final nail in Muschump's coffin).

Name and town if you wish to opine.

PS - is bLAh Tech a good nickname?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My guess is Driskel will get yanked after a few games. He already Driskeled pretty good in their Spring game. Their QB last season did produce some real big numbers in their offense however.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Wish the best for Driskel, but he's no Terry Bradshaw. Hell he might not even be Phil Robertson whom Bradshaw replaced when the Duck Commander quit football to go hunting.

Attachments

• conv_3723.jpg
    conv_3723.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 731

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
We may never know the true Jeff Driskel. Was he a victim of one of the most inept head coaches in cfb history, or was he just terribly over-rated? I for one hope he does well if nothing else than to, in some small way, regain his own self respect. He seems to be a pretty good kid.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't he have three pick sixes in their spring game? :rotfl:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Gator Fever;n247006 said:
He already Driskeled pretty good in their Spring game

I love when nouns become verbs. We need to work 'muschamped' in somehow.

And I hope JD does well - no hard feelings towards him.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If Driskel doesn't garner NFL interests, he should try out for the LaTech baseball team. ??

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If he has a decent year it would add to incompetency book on dawgchamp. I hope he does well, but IMHO I don't think he has it upstairs. He can always go play baseball after this year.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Wait until the "live bullets" start flying and the same scary a$$ driskel will show up. #MasterOfPanic

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Master of Panic. I like that.
_81763098_risitas.jpg

In one way it's true, Picksixskel was the second coming of Payton Manning. Those are the happiest feet and worst judgment under pressure I've seen since his for sure.
Screen-Shot-2013-09-10-at-1.01.23-PM.png

imageedit_118_6210246562_crop_north.gif

I think Tony Peterson is possibly the greatest QB in college that no one has heard of. Good luck, Tony, fixing these instincts.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wish the kid well but its LaTech. Don't see anything changing with JD.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with most on this board that I wish Driskel nothing but success. He was not a good QB for the Gators, but he always acted with class. He even acted with class when Treon took over. Sometimes you have it and sometimes you don't. I don't know if it was bad coaching or just a kid who doesn't have it, but I wish him success.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel had all the physical skills, but didn't have what it took to be a starter in the SEC. He might to do well at La Tech, he might not. But a combination of extremely questionable coaching with a kid who didn't have the capability to be a starter in the SEC lead to his demise. He was put in a horrible situation, and was treated with a venom he didn't deserve and through it handled it with better class than a lot of fans. I wish him well, and since the C-USA isn't the SEC he might do alright. But baseball appears to be in his future.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n247117 said:
Driskel had all the physical skills, but didn't have what it took to be a starter in the SEC. He might to do well at La Tech, he might not. But a combination of extremely questionable coaching with a kid who didn't have the capability to be a starter in the SEC lead to his demise. He was put in a horrible situation, and was treated with a venom he didn't deserve and through it handled it with better class than a lot of fans. I wish him well, and since the C-USA isn't the SEC he might do alright. But baseball appears to be in his future.

Yep Muschamp leaving him in there regardless of his play got him a lot of flack. I think Driskel made a big mistake not going right to baseball when he saw football wasn't working out. At the age he will be now starting the minors and not playing college ball during those years will really hurt his chances of ever making the major leagues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.