Looks like we (New Orleans) get another one...Hurricane

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Waiting for an update Nola. Praying you guys get electricity soon. I realize it could be weeks.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
upload_2021-9-7_11-3-4.png

Power came back Sunday...1 week
Internet came back Monday

2 Massive Trees had to be cut down...$3K
Have spent ~ $5K so far: Trees, Generator, Gas

We've cleaned up for a week now and have a a lot more cutting to do.

Just west of here is bad...real bad. Entergy says more power poles were downed than in all the Hurricanes in this area for the last 20 years...COMBINED even Katrina
But we were VERY BLESSED. Death toll was surprisingly low.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
louisiana-flooding-ap16226847134444.jpg

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Glad you are back Nola. Thankful you are safe. My stepsisters son is there as part of Talquin Electric helping to clean up. I don’t think they are having much fun.

E6035C62-2FBD-4053-9171-DBAA39CB7E90.jpeg

00D85C92-6A6E-42C6-8605-BBF3250405FD.jpeg 8FACA6F1-CE95-4F12-B712-E08F90027DE4.jpeg F2F67E9A-DA9D-4623-8FFC-52CBCBEF8ACA.jpeg

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Thankful you're back safe and sound brother. Stay away from downed power lines. They be leth.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Those guys are rockstars! Similar to fireman - they rush in when everyone else rushes out. Heroes in my book.

There are reports that down the Bayou...communities are feeding the crews and offering them water and coffee...They are just very different down there.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
There are reports that down the Bayou...communities are feeding the crews and offering them water and coffee...They are just very different down there.

My friend’s brother went down to NOLA after Katrina and was traumatized. People begging for food and water and they weren’t allowed to help them. Bodies in the street and the smells. I’m glad it’s not quite like that this time.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@CDGator My cousin is a line puller. He worked(s) for JEA (Jax Elec.) He was contracted for a job in California when PG&E had those fires that wiped out Paradise, CA. He had a 2 year contract that paid him multiple 6 figures.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
My friend’s brother went down to NOLA after Katrina and was traumatized. People begging for food and water and they weren’t allowed to help them. Bodies in the street and the smells. I’m glad it’s not quite like that this time.

My wife's nephew is a Captain in the NOFD...his first year on FD, Katrina hit...He talks very little about that. It's like combat they tell me.

The big difference FLOOD. It's the big killer. More people died up North due to IDA flooding than down here.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I lived very close to the Tequesta PD & FD in 2004, and helped organize dinners for the crews when we kept getting hit by storms that year. My dad had been part of Andrew relief in '92 and the stories he told stuck with me. Those guys, along with linemen and others, do incredible stuff during these situations. It's good to see them being taken care of.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

Yep, they were bragging about the incredible food and coffee being served to them this week. Kindness goes a long way. Especially when these are the guys fixing your electricity.

We live on farm land of about 25 houses total so we are very low priority during the storms. My neighbor's brother is a lineman and has always made sure we are taken care of. We had a strong strong suddenly pop-up last month and took down several trees on the lane. One had a live wire with it and they were out immediately taking care of us.

tree.jpg

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

4 hurricanes hit Florida in 2004 (I think) including 3 going through the same parts of Central Florida. Lots of us lost power all 3 times.

Some of my attractive female friends in the Orlando area made it a point of pride to show their appreciation by flashing their breasts at the power company trucks on the road or the workers if they drove past them. Fewer cameras and less social media back then.

With apologies to @rogdochar I think it was pretty decent of them to be indecent :lol:

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.