Looks like we're staring at 5-7 this year

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This was a very revealing loss. I have some serious doubts that's for sure. Can't remember any elite coaches with losing seasons at their destination job.

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I was told we'd go 10-2 by many "True Gator Fans" on here. I predicted 7, possibly 8 wins, and was given hell for it. I was waaaaaaaay to optimistic.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was told we'd go 10-2 by many "True Gator Fans" on here. I predicted 7, possibly 8 wins, and was given hell for it. I was waaaaaaaay to optimistic.
Honestly, I thought we were looking at 10 wins. This is one the more underperformed teams we've had in recent memory imo.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We are bringing in 8 defensive backs to line up 10 yards off the football and our QB recruit that we stole from Penn State completes about half of his passes with a 1 to 1 TD-INT ratio . Brighter days are ahead ! Anyone skeptical is just a gator hater !!! Now blend this staff with the above to an O without Anthony and the D without Miller .
You’re talking UConn record bad .

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We are bringing in 8 defensive backs to line up 10 yards off the football and our QB recruit that we stole from Penn State completes about half of his passes with a 1 to 1 TD-INT ratio . Brighter days are ahead ! Anyone skeptical is just a gator hater !!! Now blend this staff with the above to an O without Anthony and the D without Miller .
You’re talking UConn record bad .
Agreed. Unfortunately his tenure could get real bad real fast. And the fans will be the blame for his historically bad defense and extremely slow offense. And the retarded clock management.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Perspective is always important in these situations. Billy is amassing the best recruiting class we’ve had in 5 years which is a positive but also highlights how rough the talent acquisition portion of the business has been the last decade.Unbalanced Classes artificially propped up by non qualifiers and immediate defections prove to be more hollow the more they accumulate. But it also should be of note, it’s hard to win the brand of football billy wants to play with equal or lesser talent, which is precisely my biggest concern: the brand of football that billy wants to play. It tends to not allow for comebacks or blowouts or effective 2 minute offense (something at which we have been HORRIBLE this year). Can he pivot? Make the necessary changes? Will the influx of talent help ?

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Ya'll havin' fun yet?

I know, we just gotta believe. We are well on our way to being a powerhouse over UGA and now UT. Its not like he walked into a program loaded with 5*'s like John Heupel or Brian Kelly (a team that had 39 scholarship players as of their bowl game last year).

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ya'll havin' fun yet?

I know, we just gotta believe. We are well on our way to being a powerhouse over UGA and now UT. Its not like he walked into a program loaded with 5*'s like John Heupel or Brian Kelly (a team that had 39 scholarship players as of their bowl game last year).
Oh look another gator hater daring to question the wisdom of room temp IQ Billy and his sunbelt staff.You should be ashamed of yourself closet gator hater .

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This was a very revealing loss. I have some serious doubts that's for sure. Can't remember any elite coaches with losing records at their destination job.
Such a gator hater . You should change your name to t hater sir .

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I can take the team losing a hard fought battle. What I can’t take are the continued bone headed game management decisions. How in the fuchs do you have the ball near midfield with 2 minutes left, let the clock run down to 1 second before using your first time out of the half, down 7 points and knowing they get the ball to start the second half?

That was the ballgame right there. That was when I knew we lost.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I can take the team losing a hard fought battle. What I can’t take are the continued bone headed game management decisions. How in the fuchs do you have the ball near midfield with 2 minutes left, let the clock run down to 1 second before using your first time out of the half, down 7 points and knowing they get the ball to start the second half?

You can never question idiotic choices by Billy that don’t make sense . We all see this every ball game but you can’t question the stupidity . It just makes you another gator hater

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

It was also crystal clear that we want play very slow . Run the play clock way down and control the clock. It's a terrible combination with a struggling defense. It's also a style of play that we've tried twice now and it clearly doesn't win at a high level and more importantly it's not something this fan base wants to freaking see.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I said 8-4. Way too generous.

Coach is a North Georgia inbred idiot.
"All-World" QB is a pussy and a mental midget.
DC wouldn't be DC at any other power five school.

Our fictious #8 recruiting class will now fall apart down to #20 or so by early signing day.

Strychnine chose Sun Belt level coaching, and that's what we are getting, and Mullen is laughing his ass off.

Right?
Right?

Gator Made. Right?

I've seen lean years, but when the **** did we EVER think a win against Vandy would determine if we could get bowl eligible or not?

Pathetic. A dumpster fire LSU hung 45 on us at home. Just wait until UGA and A&M stick it in deep and break it off inside. Especially Bowl Cut, who hates UF. We'll be lucky to hold UGA under 60.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Tonight was game 7 and we're not getting better, instead it seems we're regressing. Our best game was game 1. Sadly, it seems Billy is completely over his skis. I wasn't expecting any championships this year, but I did expect to see a competitive team that improved week over week. Instead, I'm seeing a self inflicted train wreck every Saturday with a leader at the helm who has no answers.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Tonight was game 7 and we're not getting better, instead it seems we're regressing. Our best game was game 1. Sadly, it seems Billy is completely over his skis. I wasn't expecting any championships this year, but I did expect to see a competitive team that improved week over week. Instead, I'm seeing a self inflicted train wreck every Saturday with a leader at the helm who has no answers.
The ONLY reason we beat Utah was that they didn't have tape on us. If we played them now they'd win by 30, and they will in next year's opener out there.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well said YLGatorHater. Billy is a clueless imbecile that handles timeouts worse than Chris Webber , but pointing this out makes us gator haters .

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I asked a room full of pumpers this earlier; "any of you feel like we improve at all each week?" Silence before a few mustered the same old tired excuses of no depth, injuries, Mullen's fault, etc.

This is Muschamp 2.0. Guy has no feel for the game whatsoever. I still can't believe some of the people here who know better who hitched their wagon to this guy anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.