Love or hate Bianchi as a beat writer, this quote is repeatable

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Taken from an article I read a few minutes ago. I almost didn't click when I saw who wrote it, but after finding this gem I'm glad I did.

"The offense was so bad in this game, the ultra-conservative Muschamp on two consecutive series at the end of the first half - from UT's 35 and 38 - chose to take a delay of game and set up for a punt on fourth down. Good grief, if Muschamp were a professional golfer, he'd pull out a 7-iron on every teebox just to keep the ball in play."
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/football/article2517962.html#storylink=cpy

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp explained this in his press conference. Had something to do with the clock being set to 25 vs. 40

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Basically what I heard Muschamp say in that presser was, "I have no idea what happened or why because I'm in over my head."

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Champ hasn't shown good "in-game awareness". Like Zook before him, for whatever reason DC's just seem to missing that something. I'm not defending UM but remember how he analyzed every single game situation and rule change so that they new exactly what to do in every situation.
In contrast Spurrier just worked from pure football IQ.

Champ has neither the analysis nor the IQ.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n70215 said:
Champ hasn't shown good "in-game awareness". Like Zook before him, for whatever reason DC's just seem to missing that something. I'm not defending UM but remember how he analyzed every single game situation and rule change so that they new exactly what to do in every situation.
In contrast Spurrier just worked from pure football IQ.

Champ has neither the analysis nor the IQ.

I think Muschamp must have lost a game somewhere in his past that came down to a turn-over. He's is deathly afraid of turn-overs, so he doesn't like his offenses to do anything that might cause one.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
You also have to give Bianchi credit for "Freon Treon". Here's hoping Harris lives up to it.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n70201 said:
Muschamp explained this in his press conference. Had something to do with the clock being set to 25 vs. 40

Yes that was his excuse, I did not understand the reasoning and I believe it is BS. What really happened is he was so worried about a pick 6 that the possibility of a score was not good enough to take the risk.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n70224 said:
Yes that was his excuse, I did not understand the reasoning and I believe it is BS. What really happened is he was so worried about a pick 6 that the possibility of a score was not good enough to take the risk.
A pick-six on a Hail Mary?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Champ is very risk averse. You get the feeling he never wants the offense on the field because they might turn the ball over and make his defense work. LOL

Maybe I should say Champ is offense averse.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Incredible. He explains exactly why he did it and still gets questioned.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
aka;n70240 said:

Well he explained the whole week why he was starting Driskel against Tennessee also.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Mikey usually hits the nail on the head. It may pisss you off he tells the truth.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
aka;n70240 said:
It's often helpful if the explanation makes sense.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n70229 said:
A pick-six on a Hail Mary?

I would've settled for a record field goal attempt. Just something.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
aka;n70240 said:

You're joking right? His time here is a failure. He makes mistake after mistake after mistake. Uptempo? Where'd that go? I haven't seen it. I question everything that loser says. He's a joke as a head coach so yeah...question anything he says. Totally deserved.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n70277 said:
It's often helpful if the explanation makes sense.

The Midline BS he used after the Georgia Southern loss also made no sense. I think he goes into press conferences with the attitude that I'm the smartest guy in the room and I'll just say a bunch of crap that makes no sense and they'll buy it because I'll use some obscure coaching terminology that no one understands.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bianchi also tweeted this before we finally pulled Driskel:
Somewhere Brent Pease is on the phone to Charlie Weis saying, "Are you watching this garbage?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.