LSU fans crying, want to get out of the annual UF matchup

Gatorup!

Nov 14, 2016
Best line so far? After LSU fan says Bama can't say they have a more difficult schedule, Bama fan replies "of course, we don't have to play Alabama, we get to play LSU"

:bwahaha::owned::deadhorse::lol2:

Bama fans say that about every opponent, especially Auburn. They can really get after it on Finebaum's call-in show.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There was an excellent proposal earlier this summer. I'd have to find it. It would keep the divisions, but ensure that non-permanent teams don't see each other for 8 years at a stretch. We play Auburn next year and don't see them again until the middle of the next decade (or 2030?). The solution I saw would eliminate that. I hate to post something like this without the link to the proposal, so now I guess I'm obligated to find it. I think it involved playing nine conference games.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think the rule you’re referring to involves the existence of a conference title game (minimum of 12 teams), not divisions.
Welp, I know it used to require 12 teams ans divisions in order to have a conference champ game. Dont recall if Big 12 managed to get that changed or not.

Homer

Jul 17, 2018
Btw Homer. That generic avatar ain’t gonna cut it.

We’re going to need something very witty, insightful and thought provoking from you.
No pressure

Sorry,

I’m puter illiterate.

If I could only find a picture of Flava Flav and his clock????

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
You get rid of games like this, then you miss the experience , win or lose these type of games are what its all about.
Go Gators Beat Vandy. !!

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
They have a point IMHO.

I would like to see us play other West Teams more often. I like it because I'm an Alum of both schools but I remember Auburn was a HUGE rivalry when I was at UF.

I would like to see it rotate but I would also like to see Mizzou in the West and Auburn in the East.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014

It just feels like every time they make changes to the schedules it moves Bama up on our schedule and back on theirs. I feel like we have played them at least 5 time the last decade and Them twice in that time

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
It just feels like every time they make changes to the schedules it moves Bama up on our schedule and back on theirs. I feel like we have played them at least 5 time the last decade and Them twice in that time

So Ginger - if I’m reading this correctly-
This is all about your feelings.

I’m listening...

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
It would be better to eliminate the permanent cross division games altogether. If Bama MUST play UT, then let them do it as an extra conference game on the years it does not fall. I'll even let them count it, since I feel generous. But it needs to be wholly elective.
I actually agree, not that I mind playing LSU every year. It's the only good home game some years, but I think we should go to 9 SEC games and just round robin everyone. With 3 cross divisional games a year, it would never be more than 3 years before you played everyone and you would catch 6 of 7 every 2 years so it's not like these rivalries would fade away.

It's crazy if you ask me that you can be in the same conference with a team that a whole class of recruits can pass through without ever playing.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I actually agree, not that I mind playing LSU every year. It's the only good home game some years, but I think we should go to 9 SEC games and just round robin everyone. With 3 cross divisional games a year, it would never be more than 3 years before you played everyone and you would catch 6 of 7 every 2 years so it's not like these rivalries would fade away.

It's crazy if you ask me that you can be in the same conference with a team that a whole class of recruits can pass through without ever playing.
A four year senior will go his entire career without playing two West teams (unless they meet in Atlanta). I'd be pissed if as a player in the West, I never got to play some of the more historic programs in CFB like Florida, Georgia, or Tennessee. And likewise if I played in the East and I never got to play Bama, Auburn, or LSU.

Last edited:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We’ve only beaten them three times since Tebow left. They should have some perspective and STFU.

Just like UGA fans bitching and moaning since 1990 about the WLOCP in Jacksonville. It was perfectly fine when they we're pushing it in on us in the 70s and 80s, but SOS comes in at his opening presser and says we are going to start beating UGA and we do, and they cry like little bitches and haven't stopped.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Just like UGA fans *****ing and moaning since 1990 about the WLOCP in Jacksonville. It was perfectly fine when they we're pushing it in on us in the 70s and 80s, but SOS comes in at his opening presser and says we are going to start beating UGA and we do, and they cry like little *****es and haven't stopped.

Nailed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.