LSU Game

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n291735 said:
How can that "model" make any sense? For example UGLY has only a 48.1% chance of beating bUTtchug but they have a 53.4% of beating us.

One is a road game, the other is a neutral site game.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Does the rule still apply to CBS about limiting how many times one team can appear during the season? UF/UGA is already 3:30, they have a noon/3:30 doubleheader the day we play at USCe, so that likely could be a noon game. Assuming they may pick up the FSU game as well, that would be 4 total appearances for us on CBS.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n291750 said:
One is a road game, the other is a neutral site game.

Yeah but we are talking about bUTtchug. You know the team that has given up 3 double digit leads this year. Plus UGLY doesn't have a QB right now. They are almost in the same boat as LSU when it comes that department.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n291627 said:
They might have chosen the TAMU vs Bama game instead.

They DID choose TAMU vs Bama. I'm actually sick of night games, and I surely didn't want to play the Bayou Bengals down there at night. While their night reputation took a hit in the 1990s and early 2000s - they lost a lot of night home games back then, they've rejuvenated it under Les.

I Just hope our guys are ready for it - our last two trips to the Bayou were in the daytime, both CBS 3:30 spots, so none of our current players have an inkling about what it's like down there at night. However, the last time we played there at night, it was with Timmy at the helm in 2009, and we won in a close one.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n291762 said:
Yeah but we are talking about bUTtchug. You know the team that has given up 3 double digit leads this year. Plus UGLY doesn't have a QB right now. They are almost in the same boat as LSU when it comes that department.

Computers don't take any of that into account.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
CFB analysts that advise on TV desirability, IMO, are thinking that after the Mustank junk games it's impossible UF
could come back to "exciting" so fast. Hope a Missouri stomping would finally erase our dog-:kiffin: stigma ??

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
It does feel like the type of game that should be at night. The only real key on defense is stopping LF7, he is a man child but we have the horses to do it and they haven't shown the ability to pass. As long as our tackling is on point like it was against Ole Miss then it should be a long night for him. Our defense may be the hardest they face all year. Also feels like the type of game college game day shows up to. I'd love to hear the silence that falls over that crowd when we beat them.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
SavannahGator;n291769 said:
They DID choose TAMU vs Bama. I'm actually sick of night games, and I surely didn't want to play the Bayou Bengals down there at night. While their night reputation took a hit in the 1990s and early 2000s - they lost a lot of night home games back then, they've rejuvenated it under Les.

I Just hope our guys are ready for it - our last two trips to the Bayou were in the daytime, both CBS 3:30 spots, so none of our current players have an inkling about what it's like down there at night. However, the last time we played there at night, it was with Timmy at the helm in 2009, and we won in a close one.

I fully agree that I don't ever want to play LSU at night in Death Valley. Putting aside my own flashbacks of that horrid night getting our asses handed to us when we had just reached #1 in the polls...:shudders:... Their fans live for night games at home, they will be rocking.

I suppose what helps is our players have been at home in similar conditions for TN and Ole Miss, so they can say "Ok, we have been on that side of it, now we're on the visitor's side. No Big Deal." I am sure KY was packed and very excited, but I'd put Death Valley up there with BHG in terms of a home crowd when things are really loud and alive.

We'll have to have our silent signals down for that one, as the offense won't be able to communicate. Similar to what Ole Miss experienced.

Meh, it is what it is. Night game? Fine. We'll play them then. For now, MIZZ is on the block and should have our players' full attention.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When does CBS do their annual night game?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;291836 said:
When does CBS do their annual night game?
I think it's their discretion as to when they do it. My money is on the Bama/LSU in Tuscaloosa.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Had a roommate that got his pre-med from LSU. They hit town early, fill the motel room bathtub with ice and beer.
So by game-time that group is out of their minds. Gators will be faced with an ugly bunch. Nothing better than beating
that crew.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Nov. 5th CBS has a 3:30/8:00 doubleheader (LSU/Bammer no doubt the nightcap), and on Nov. 12 they have a 12:00/3:30 doubleheader.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n291723 said:
Yep we can't let the team down by looking past mizzou on a message board :worried:
Dude, the players totally read what we post. You just don't get it :headshake:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n292107 said:
Dude, the players totally read what we post. You just don't get it :headshake:
It would be so depressing to me if the players, when not reviewing game plans or films, were on the internet reading stuff from this group of jokers instead of banging hot chicks.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n292146 said:
It would be so depressing to me if the players, when not reviewing game plans or films, were on the internet reading stuff from this group of jokers instead of banging hot chicks.

Duh, they are on their smart phones in between hot chicks.

Why wouldn't they be here? Are you saying this isn't The Ultimate Destination For The Gator Nation? :lol2:

ItsDookie87

BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
I haven't actually seen the odds but one of the LSU boards is saying they are 9.5 point favorites against us at this time. They think our run defense is weak and point at the Tennessee game as reference. We missed like 37 tackles in that game, I'd like to think of that as the exception not the rule. We allowed like 120 yards rushing in the other 3 games combined. They don't have a passing game either, so we will be putting everything into stopping LF7 and making them beat us with the pass. If the line really is 9.5 I might have to go drop some bank on that.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Read somewhere that the LSU AD requested our game with them be at night in his talks to the SEC offices. I can't find that link, but this one supports that notion, though doesn't imply he was able to force the issue, more that it was CBS' decision.

source
LSU Athletic Director Joe Alleva said he has requested that the Tigers’ Oct. 17 home game against Florida be played at night, but that ultimately the decision rides with the Southeastern Conference’s television partners.
“If CBS wants all our games, they have our rights,” Alleva said.
Alleva said he talked to SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey earlier this week about keeping the Florida game at night.
“But if Florida is undefeated, that game is probably going to be at 2:30 (p.m.),” he said.
LSU’s home game against Auburn was moved to 2:30 p.m. for CBS, but Alleva said there is no limit to how many home games can be changed to day games.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ItsDookie87;n292363 said:
I haven't actually seen the odds but one of the LSU boards is saying they are 9.5 point favorites against us at this time. They think our run defense is weak and point at the Tennessee game as reference. We missed like 37 tackles in that game, I'd like to think of that as the exception not the rule. We allowed like 120 yards rushing in the other 3 games combined. They don't have a passing game either, so we will be putting everything into stopping LF7 and making them beat us with the pass. If the line really is 9.5 I might have to go drop some bank on that.

They fail to consider that the most damage done against us on the ground this year has been by QB scrambles and designed runs. I'm not saying Fournette won't get his against us, but they're going to have to do something other than hand the ball off to him to move the ball consistently on us.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n292372 said:
They fail to consider that the most damage done against us on the ground this year has been by QB scrambles and designed runs. I'm not saying Fournette won't get his against us, but they're going to have to do something other than hand the ball off to him to move the ball consistently on us.

I agree Sas... I for one right now, relish this night game coming up in death valley...because once we stomp a mudhole in misery's azz and then go to kitty valley and whip their azz.. people are really going to get what we already have! Go Gators! WE WIN BOTH!!!!

ItsDookie87

BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n292372 said:

That is exactly what I was thinking, QB scrambles and some of the worst tackling we have seen in a long time. I could see LF7 getting 100-150 but if that's their whole offense as it has been then that won't be enough. Only way they cover that line is with defensive and/or special team scores IMO.​ Those usually aren't factored into the line though, I don't think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.