LSU is now favored by 1.5

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm not sure how many of you degenerate's gamble.....but this line has moved bigtime (about 7 to 8 points, depending on which site you use). The spread is now LSU -1.5. Is there some sort of injury, suspensions, or something we haven't heard about going on? That's a huge move......and shows exactly how the rest of the country perceives this team/program/coaching staff (ours). We're the home team, ranked in the top 25, LSU is unranked, coming off two losses (one a blowout, one to a Group of 5 team) and WE are now the underdog..... Wow!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That is a crazy move in the line. Some inside info on players being out possibly? LSU is supposedly having to start 2 true freshman on the O line again.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Saw us at 3 point favorites this week. Never saw 7 points.

It opened at -6 UF on the two sites I use.....now it's +1.5 and +2 (on those same sites). The line has moved 7+ points in LSU's favor (meaning the money is coming in on LSU). Also, not really the point at where it opened. Say it opened at -3 UF, well it's now +2 UF....that's a 5 point swing for the home team, who is ranked, who is playing a team that just lost at home to Troy and got blown out by Miss State (who turned around and got blown out the next two games). If you ever follow gambling, most games don't move more than 1 point either way once the line is set on Sunday/Monday.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Saw this too, and wondered the same thing about other players being out or suspended. For us to go from a 5 point favorite to a 2 point dog at home, to a team that has been struggling worse than us, something has got to be up. I may need to revise my prediction, I actually had us hanging tough in this game till the end, afraid we may be about to get run off the field now.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Weird. I'm sure we would have heard about it by now. And LSU is a mess internally.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It wasn't but a couple days ago that LSU announced two star players would play, Guise and a DE. Perhaps that? :dunno:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
It opened at -6 UF on the two sites I use.....now it's +1.5 and +2 (on those same sites). The line has moved 7+ points in LSU's favor (meaning the money is coming in on LSU). Also, not really the point at where it opened. Say it opened at -3 UF, well it's now +2 UF....that's a 5 point swing for the home team, who is ranked, who is playing a team that just lost at home to Troy and got blown out by Miss State (who turned around and got blown out the next two games). If you ever follow gambling, most games don't move more than 1 point either way once the line is set on Sunday/Monday.
So depending on the site it's moved 1 point or 7. :dunno: You picked the worst case. I get it. Better click bait. First site I found has the line anywhere from +3 to -3.
http://www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/lsu-florida-odds-october-7-2017-792373
It's a tough game to pick. Nobody knows which LSU team will show up.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Reading comprehension is not your friend. I get it.....
Let's try the more logical explanation instead of the conspiracy/injury theory. Vegas set the line based on the Troy performance. As the week as progressed betters have taken a more critical look and realize that LSU is, in fact, a talented team and the line has moved to where it probably should have been since day one. Reading comprehension is only the first step, critical thinking is the next. Try it some time.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
If there was going to be massive player suspensions or there was a big injury, the game would have been taken off the board. This happens some in college football where lines move a lot as the week goes on. To me all it means is that the majority of the money has been bet on LSU causing the line to move significantly. Remember betting lines are set to get equal amounts of money on both sides. Vegas does not care who wins, they just want equal money so they are guaranteed the vig. In this case, it sets up for a perfect middle for anyone who took LSU + the points early and is now taking UF + the points. Some people might say that the "smart" money has come in on LSU. but I just think a lot of people bet on names and/or trends and probably thought this line was out of whack early on.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That's a field goal that travels halfway there. :confused:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
It wasn't but a couple days ago that LSU announced two star players would play, Guise and a DE. Perhaps that? :dunno:

That is one plausible explanation, but for a non QB playing usually does not move the line that much.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Believe that's it - plus the fact that Campbell and Clark may not be playing. Two massive guys not on the DL

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Most I’ve seen a line move without an announcement of some sort especially the line moving against the home team.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Believe that's it - plus the fact that Campbell and Clark may not be playing. Two massive guys not on the DL
If this forces the coaches to play Slaton and Conliffe, then our defense is better. Much better, even if they make a few mistakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.