Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Many of you are too young to know this name, but this is a very similar tale to one Marvin Barnes. Marvin was a great college basketball player at Providence College back in the day and was teammates with Ernie DiGregorio who was also an outstanding player. Well as luck would have it Marvin was in need of some money and decided to hold up/rob a store and happened to be wearing his Providence letterman's jacket with his name on it, while doing the job. Not to mention there were not a lot of 6'9" black guys ho were basketball royalty in that town at that time. Marvin is also famous for not taking a flight from Louisville back to St. Louis while playing in the old ABA b/c the flight left at 7:30 and arrived at 7:30. Marvin, not understanding time zones, said and I quote: " I ain't gettin in no time machine". He rented a car or had someone drive him back to St. Louis.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Many of you are too young to know this name, but this is a very similar tale to one Marvin Barnes. Marvin was a great college basketball player at Providence College back in the day and was teammates with Ernie DiGregorio who was also an outstanding player. Well as luck would have it Marvin was in need of some money and decided to hold up/rob a store and happened to be wearing his Providence letterman's jacket with his name on it, while doing the job. Not to mention there were not a lot of 6'9" black guys ho were basketball royalty in that town at that time. Marvin is also famous for not taking a flight from Louisville back to St. Louis while playing in the old ABA b/c the flight left at 7:30 and arrived at 7:30. Marvin, not understanding time zones, said and I quote: " I ain't gettin in no time machine". He rented a car or had someone drive him back to St. Louis.

:lmao:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:headslap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator