LSU's Guice is in some hot water

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Purple_and_gold.jpg

Guice's other car. The one for public consumption. Dumb mofo.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
For the 1,000,000th time as longs a pro prospects can:

1. borrow money to take out an million or multi-million dollar insurance policy within NCAA rules.

2. Borrow against the value of that policy and still not run afoul of NCAA rules.

guys who are clear NFL prospects will be driving around in expensive cars and maybe even buying on for their mom or someone else.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

1. borrow money to take out an million or multi-million dollar insurance policy within NCAA rules.

2. Borrow against the value of that policy and still not run afoul of NCAA rules.

guys who are clear NFL prospects will be driving around in expensive cars and maybe even buying on for their mom or someone else.
Unless these policies carry a cash surrender value, and it doesn't sound like they do, then you are essentially making an unsecured loan. Yes, yes I know, banks make loans like this all the time. But they don't make them to broke ass people.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Unless these policies carry a cash surrender value, and it doesn't sound like they do, then you are essentially making an unsecured loan. Yes, yes I know, banks make loans like this all the time. But they don't make them to broke ass people.

I am not sure the NCAA has not closed up this loophole, but for years this has been players all over the SEC including UF have had big cars.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I am not sure the NCAA has not closed up this loophole, but for years this has been players all over the SEC including UF have had big cars.
All I am saying is that there is no real value to these policies that a bank would use them as collateral. That's not to say some dumbass banker wouldn't make an unsound loan. It happens, but there is a lot of risk in that from a regulatory standpoint. I think a banker in Ohio gave an auto loan to Lebron's mom when he was a Senior in HS. Of course none of it matters to the NCAA unless it came from a booster or alumni.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Can we retroactively suspend Trent Richardson for that Caddy he was rolling around Tuscaloosa in?
I don't even know how these kids from the hood afford all those tats. I hadn't heard about Richardson.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member

I was curious about that insurance stuff. In the first place, what insurance company is dumb enough to insure a football player and second, who loans them the money. The premiums would have to be enormous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.