LSU's Guice is in some hot water

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was curious about that insurance stuff. In the first place, what insurance company is dumb enough to insure a football player and second, who loans them the money. The premiums would have to be enormous.
Lords of London is one company, I think, which specializes in policies like that.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was curious about that insurance stuff. In the first place, what insurance company is dumb enough to insure a football player and second, who loans them the money. The premiums would have to be enormous.
Come on have you read an insurance policy? Those specialized policies are going to be loaded with fine print. As far as the payment i believe they or the university can insure the player...which seems pretty shady that is allowed.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

My understanding is that if a player is evaluated with early round NFL talent, then they are allowed to purchase said insurance. This article:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...d-the-unregulated-world-of-player-protection/

says Fournette paid about $8,000 per million of insurance or in his case about $160,0000. The insurance of course is through a Llody's of London consortium and they generally know what they are doing.

Some bank is probably very happy to make the loan. They collect when the first contract is signed or when the insurance is paid out. The only real risk is that the player drops in the opinion of scouts so much the premium can not be covered.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Guys, it's a rental. Doesn't everyone hug mom when she gets a nice rental for the weekend?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I just hope this sh*t drags out until after we play them because after seeing how little effort Chauncey put into trying to tackle Kelly last week he'll probably run for 250 on us.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't even know how these kids from the hood afford all those tats. I hadn't heard about Richardson.

I will get blasted for this because harsh truth offends people......

You should look into being poor in America today. If you understand how to work the system, being poor can be quite lucrative in today's apologetic America. Especially if you are a single mother. The people that have it tough are the working poor. We punish the people trying to do the right thing.

This is 100% truth. Don't believe me? Look into it and you will see.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
not so sure this thread title is correct. its now being reported that he's playing tommorow. they cant be too worried about that photo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.