Luke Fickell hired by Wisconsin; Urban rumored to replace him at Cincinnati

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
This is perplexing. He had an opportunity last year with a ton of job openings at high profile power 5 schools in nearly every conference.

He waited around to accept a position at…..Wisconsin? What the actual f?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
That leads me to believe that Jim Leonhard is available as an assistant either in college or the pros. I am guessing he will get plenty of calls.

Lurker

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Interesting. With Cincinnati poised to join what is soon to be a very watered down Big 12 that will have a guaranteed spot in the expanded playoffs despite the Big 12 being a glorified group of 5 conference, I would have thought Fickell would be inclined to stay. Money rules the day, I guess.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Big Ten West opposite OSU, Michigan, and Pedo State. Good move.
Yeah but he gonna have to deal with a B10 legend
Happy Illinois Football GIF by Fighting Illini Athletics

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I live in Madison area now, so I listen to all the local sports guys.

This hire came outta nowhere. People were expecting Jim Leonhard the iterim to get the job. The AD here, McIntosh decided the program needed to get overhauled and Fickell's record at Cincy was good enough. Great move by McIntosh.

The Big 10 revenue will be insane with USC and UCLA joining, Madison is a great city, the fanbase here is nuts, and the big 10 west is weak sauce.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
That leads me to believe that Jim Leonhard is available as an assistant either in college or the pros. I am guessing he will get plenty of calls.
He turned the Packers down last year. I hope they call him because the Packers D is awful.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I live in Madison area now, so I listen to all the local sports guys.

This hire came outta nowhere. People were expecting Jim Leonhard the iterim to get the job. The AD here, McIntosh decided the program needed to get overhauled and Fickell's record at Cincy was good enough. Great move by McIntosh.

The Big 10 revenue will be insane with USC and UCLA joining, Madison is a great city, the fanbase here is nuts, and the big 10 west is weak sauce.
When did you leave iowa?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator