Recruiting Mac already meeting Recruits (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorJ

Hopeful
Law98gator;134017 said:
I disagree with you on this one. Not that he couldn't use an extra year but that he'll do well in the combine (speed and agility) and will likely get drafted higher than his on the field results suggest he should.

I think he's still only about 280-285 lbs no?

MJMGator

Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Alagator;n134020 said:
We have 8 OL remaining. We really can't afford to lose ANY more bodies.

Gonna be a rough year on the QB it appears. Grier needs to consult Blockhead about one of those medical hardship redshirts.

Swamp Donkey

7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
BoomTown;n133974 said:
Generally I agree with you. However, when you're facing the real possibility of playing a wet-behind-the-ears Freshman or a JUCO, I'll take the JUCO nearly every time.
We face the prospect of playing 240lb walkons or tuba players.

Every damn body we can get is critical right now. We've been sinking like the Titanic since Chimp's second terrible OL class.

t-gator

too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Alagator;n134020 said:
We have 8 OL remaining. We really can't afford to lose ANY more bodies.

I agree we need the bodies but Sharp and Johnson are both better tackles

alcoholica

I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Sharpe is going to be nasty with some experience, and Johnson will make an All-SEC team next year if he stays healthy

Mudd

Lurker
williston_gator;n133992 said:
@ZachAbolverdi: BREAKING: #Gators LT D.J. Humphries has decided to enter the NFL draft

So Mac's list of things to do : 1 recruit, 2 hire coaches, 3 find that s.o.b. that keeps convincing these knuckleheads they are ready for the nfl, concrete his feet and drop him in the middle of lake Alice.

Since65

Law98gator;n134017 said:
I disagree with you on this one. Not that he couldn't use an extra year but that he'll do well in the combine (speed and agility) and will likely get drafted higher than his on the field results suggest he should.

Yes, the NFL seems to be consumed with measurables and upside. Results on the field in an actual college game, not so important. I agree that Humphries will probably be selected in a draft spot that far exceeds what his UF performances would dictate.

alcoholica

I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Gator98MD;n134088 said:
So in other words, hell end up at FSU. Zach's got this!

FSU isn't in the picture. UF, Texas, Miami are the players. If TRob stays, he's likely all Gator. If he goes, then Texas would be the team to beat. UF would still have a shot, but it'd be much lower

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
If we can land Jefferson, Ivey, Cowart, Holland, Merrick, Irvin and then fill in the gaps with a few others, we will be fine.

Alagator

Mudd;n134071 said:
So Mac's list of things to do : 1 recruit, 2 hire coaches, 3 find that s.o.b. that keeps convincing these knuckleheads they are ready for the nfl, concrete his feet and drop him in the middle of lake Alice.

:highfive:

Alagator

ufgator2002;n134117 said:
If we can land Jefferson, Ivey, Cowart, Holland, Merrick, Irvin and then fill in the gaps with a few others, we will be fine.

OL will be THE most important positions to recruit in this class. Then some quality LB's are a "must get". All the others will be nice but getting Cowart, Jefferson, etc. won't mean sh!t in terms of bringing W's to the program, if we don't have anybody to block for the QB.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Alagator;n134123 said:
OL will be THE most important positions to recruit in this class. Then some quality LB's are a "must get". All the others will be nice but getting Cowart, Jefferson, etc. won't mean sh!t in terms of bringing W's to the program, if we don't have anybody to block for the QB.

Very true I'm with ya :fistbump:... Ivey and Merrick are two quality lineman and we already have 3 committed so That would give us 5 for the class which is not bad... and I agree on the LB's, we need Holland and I so wish Coney would flip back... but be no doubt, we need Jefferson and Cowart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.