Sep 24, 2015

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He'll make a good Slot Receiver.
If he can even catch the ball. I remember the time some NFL team thought Timmy would make a great TE. He was! Right up to the point where he let a ball go right through his hands and hit him on the helmet...

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If he can even catch the ball. I remember the time some NFL team thought Timmy would make a great TE. He was! Right up to the point where he let a ball go right through his hands and hit him on the helmet...

Honestly, I was hoping that Mac confirmed that Treon was transferring. He seems to be a bad influence on Mr. Calloway.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
He isn't beating out Massey or Powell. At this point, he's just eating a scholly.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
At this point, he's just eating a scholly.

And these
e794ec8514012115e4085f3a232408d5.jpg

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I think everybody ought to give Treon a break. He's what, 20 or 21 years old? He was thrust into the starting qb role when Grier disqualified himself, and took the team 4-4 behind a makeshift, undermanned line. He showed mental and physical toughness. There's no way we would have won the East without him. I'm looking forward to seeing him bring that same toughness to the wide receiver position.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think everybody ought to give Treon a break. He's what, 20 or 21 years old? He was thrust into the starting qb role when Grier disqualified himself, and took the team 4-4 behind a makeshift, undermanned line. He showed mental and physical toughness. There's no way we would have won the East without him. I'm looking forward to seeing him bring that same toughness to the wide receiver position.
I appreciate his efforts. It's just obvious he was never going to make it as a QB for any program looking to win championships. I've never seen him catch a football, but I hope he makes us all glad he's still a Gator this year.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

I'm not totally buying what you're selling, it would be a pleasant surprise to see him make plays at WR. He doesn't have great speed, but I wonder if he has the jitterbug moves for KR/PR.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Ah, for fcvk sakes, why didn't Mac boot him off the team??? Now we have to worry about him being a negative influence, like he's shown to be in the past, on even more players on the team. How many fcvk ups does this guy have to be involved in before Mac sends him packing?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Ah, for fcvk sakes, why didn't Mac boot him off the team??? Now we have to worry about him being a negative influence, like he's shown to be in the past, on even more players on the team. How many fcvk ups does this guy have to be involved in before Mac sends him packing?

Agreed. We dont need him. He likely wont see the field anyhow but we dont need trouble on the team.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Agreed. We dont need him. He likely wont see the field anyhow but we dont need trouble on the team.

I believe Treon's brother is the head football coach at Booker T. Washington in Miami so our staff may not want to burn that recruiting bridge; but with his dad being on the staff at Uni. of Miami, I'm not sure we benefit anyway. Personally, I think the guy is more trouble than any potential family recruiting connection and should have been gone months ago.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015

I actually struggle to see any positive that TH brings. So far he's had 1 rape accusation and 2 weed issues along with whatever has him and our best offensive player suspended. He struggled to get to .500 ball with a team that was top 10 in the country and undefeated when he took over. He's the only QB I know of who got worse from his 1st start to his 15th(!) . He doesn't raise the play of anyone, and actually made our running game and defense worse because his lack of skill compressed the field as Defenses stacked the box with 8(and sometimes 9) guys knowing he could barely read an Archie comic, let alone a cover 2. I believe the familial relationship with booker t may be the only reason he's still here.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I agree a bad situation but it looks like we have the best guy back there now hopefully but he wasn't available last year. Treon has nothing to hang his head down for football wise anyway.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member

He's a turd. He's been in trouble numerous times and has handled himself poorly on and off the field. It's time he was flushed.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We could have beat vandy, usce, fau and Georgia(with their 3rd string) with ox at qb. It's been argued on this board and on the radio that Treon is the gator qb ever. He didn't suck because of the offensive line, he sucked because he sucks .

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
As Mac says, "it is what it is". Just let it play out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.