Mac hires Bret Ingalls as quality control coach

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
We had virtually no developed talent. It's the one group that improved consistently all year. We are lucky to have him.
I see both sides to this argument. We had 4 guys drafted from the 2014 line but imo they severely underperformed as a group. Also I look at the play and development of guys like Dillard, Mike, Harkless, Riles and Dorsey who all had 2or 3 years on campus and looked worse than the true freshmen who got game reps last year....I mean those guys really stunk. My feeling is if the offensive line underperforms this coming year this guy will replace Summers.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Worst Saints line in a decade, and the Saints broke him off. he does have a 34 years of coaching experience mostly on OL... Other than the Saints in 2015, anyone know what he was doing since he left northwestern in 2008 to his move to the Saints?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
We hired this guy?

images

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We had virtually no developed talent. It's the one group that improved consistently all year. We are lucky to have him.

I keep reading this...but when are we going to see results? I keep reading excuse after excuse. The guy has been here long enough. Time to sh*t or get off the pot.

Also, on salaries of these positions. I can't imagine they are making much more than $50K. What is the budget for these positions? Upwards of $90-100K?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I keep reading this...but when are we going to see results? I keep reading excuse after excuse. The guy has been here long enough. Time to sh*t or get off the pot.

Also, on salaries of these positions. I can't imagine they are making much more than $50K. What is the budget for these positions? Upwards of $90-100K?
Are you not familiar with our OL recruiting since Meyer? Summers has been here all of two seasons. Both years the OL improved as the season progressed. He's been given very little talent to work with.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Summers had to work under Muschamp, the crap he was left with and still agreed to come back. Give the guy a friggin medal.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Lucky to have him? He recruited like dick this cycle.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Unless Summers has been mailing it in, I don't think he forgot how to coach. He's still trying to scrub off the mustank with a Brillo pad and boric acid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We had 2 true freshman, one true sophomore, and a fifth year broken senior trying to play SEC level championship football last year.

Thurman should've probably been on the PUP list. The two freshman should've been on the sideline and the true sophomore should have just been sharing reps.

Virtually all the depth behind them were freshmen and sophomores.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We had 2 true freshman, one true sophomore, and a fifth year broken senior trying to play SEC level championship football last year.

Thurman should've probably been on the PUP list. The two freshman should've been on the sideline and the true sophomore should have just been sharing reps.

Virtually all the depth behind them were freshmen and sophomores.

Very true. I don't think anyone on our O-line was physically ready to be a starter, and I don't think any of our starters could have started for any other team except maybe Vandy. I noticed earlier in the season that the O-line was better at pass-blocking than run-blocking, which to me shows good coaching. Also the person under center can make a bad O-line look good and vice versa. It's no coincidence that the number of sacks per game increased once Harris became the starter. A year in the weight room and a new QB will automatically make this O-line better.

rockinchair

Dec 11, 2015
Regarding Summers I was actually surprised with our O-line last year. They seemed to improve as the year went on.

Pass protection never really seemed to be as big of an issue as I thought it would be, considering their youth and inexperience. Their run blocking was terrible, yes, but when you're a true freshman and sophomore, you're just not physically ready to compete with the athletes on SEC defensive lines.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I keep reading this...but when are we going to see results? I keep reading excuse after excuse. The guy has been here long enough.
HE HAD THREE GD TRUE FRESHMEN PLAYING!!!!

WHAT THE FVKK IS WRONG WITH YOU MORONS? DID YOU SEE ANY OTHER TEAM, EVEN IN 1AA PLAYING THREE FRESHMEN? CARE TO HAZARD A GUESS WHY NOT?

Pass protection never really seemed to be as big of an issue as I thought it would be, considering their youth and inexperience.
Everyone, including FAU, had no trouble pressuring the QB. No one even bothered blitzing. Why would they? Just flood the zone and wait for a pick or a punt.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
HE HAD THREE GD TRUE FRESHMEN PLAYING!!!!

WHAT THE FVKK IS WRONG WITH YOU MORONS? DID YOU SEE ANY OTHER TEAM, EVEN IN 1AA PLAYING THREE FRESHMEN? CARE TO HAZARD A GUESS WHY NOT?

Everyone, including FAU, had no trouble pressuring the QB. No one even bothered blitzing. Why would they? Just flood the zone and wait for a pick or a punt.

More excuses....

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
More excuses....
Lots of truth. Blitzing us became sending a 4th pass rusher. Most teams got plenty of pressure with 3 and 8 men in coverage or waiting on a handoff. Worst OL I've ever seen at UF and that dates back to the 70s. I'm no football guru, but I'd say your odds of having a successful offense behind that front is slim to none.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
As long as he isn't as big a pussy as Charles Ingalls was, we'll be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator