Mac: No further staff changes after bowl

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
I was off the train when he refused to change his offense to fit Treon or to try another QB. Now I wait to see if Stricklin is counting down the days til November 2017 like me or has Mac charmed him into 2 more years. If Mac stays I can't stomach watching us play so I'll find another hobby til he's gone.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If Mac stays I can't stomach watching us play so I'll find another hobby til he's gone.
Yeah, this is exactly what we SHOULD do, and what many who used to fill the Swamp have done.

I dont know if I can pull it off.

I wish I could.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If our offense stands at 127 then doesn't that mean we could choose any of 126 OCs and get a
better coach. Couldn't we attract the OC who produced the 75th ranked offense and be better off?
How about the OC with the 50th ranked offense. By the amount we can pay, at what offense ranked level OC
can UF buy in?

What are the salaries of the OCs in the Top-15 ranked offenses. Can UF make in-roads anywhere there?
Surely we can outpay someone producing a Top-25 offense? Even the difference between 127 and 50 is
a tremendous improvement.

However, I'm more convinced that our foremost drawback is that we have had a hassle-passel of absolutely
ruinous QBs. UF offered Kerwin Bell the job of QB coach, but he turned it down. You see, his son was starting
QB at JU at the time, so Bell just couldn't leave. If Bell is a good generalized recruiter with an especially good
eye for evaluating QBs, then he could help us. Remember, he even made John Brantley put up phenomenal
stats in H.S. Seems to me Bell has the possibility of being an 80% Spurrier.? Think how animated that Bell/SOS
reunion would be.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
:exactly:

Mac likes playing with the media. If there are going to be changes, they're already done well before the bowl game.

Mac should spend less time being cute playing with the media and more time doing his job. Maybe we'd have a few more wins if he heeded my advice.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Mac should spend less time being cute playing with the media and more time doing his job. Maybe we'd have a few more wins if he heeded my advice.
Doesn't need more wins the University is obviously good with the direction of the program

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.