Mac really was a douche

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wow!

@ThomasGoldkamp: Was getting questions about R.J. Raymond being awarded a scholarship because I've had him on my scholarship chart since January 2017.

Confirmed earlier today he had had his scholarship pulled, then Del Rio kind of laid it all out there this evening.

Not a great look for Mac.

@ThomasGoldkamp: Luke Del Rio calls Jim McElwain a coward for pulling scholarships in a passive-aggressive manner from former walk-ons he put on scholarship.

"They signed full-ride scholarships. It's complete bull****. This does not happen anywhere else."

Florida Gators Football: Luke Del Rio says Jim McElwain pulled scholarship from former walk-ons at UF #Gators

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
More absolute proof of what a complete loser he really is.

Edit: Foley, you suck too

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He was a f*ck up in every way possible. I can’t imagine a worse coach at any level...ever.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@GrahamHall_: Case Harrison didn't receive a letter. 2 days before classes started, Harrison was called into a meeting, where he was told his scholarship wouldn't be renewed.

When he left the meeting, his equipment had already been boxed up.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
@GrahamHall_: Case Harrison didn't receive a letter. 2 days before classes started, Harrison was called into a meeting, where he was told his scholarship wouldn't be renewed.

When he left the meeting, his equipment had already been boxed up.

Awful.

There's a reason this guy sat on the market for weeks and took a 2-tier hit in his profession just to be employed.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Weren't we still under the scholly limit? If you pull a kids scholly to give it to someone else, I understand. Don't agree, but I get it.

If we are under, then you are just taking it to be an @sshole with no benefit to the program or another player.

Mac Sucks

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I just saw on Twitter, came to check to see if anyone had posted this.

1. Mac is a bad guy for doing this
2. LDR is still a punk (unrelated)

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yet another reminder that Scott Stricklin extended Jim McElwain's contract the third week of June 2017.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yet another reminder that Scott Stricklin extended Jim McElwain's contract the third week of June 2017.
And gave Nuss a $800k raise.

And gave $100k to Nord.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well what do you expect from a Shark Humping, BBQ sauce pimping coach? Pretty kewl.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Weren't we still under the scholly limit? If you pull a kids scholly to give it to someone else, I understand. Don't agree, but I get it.

If we are under, then you are just taking it to be an @sshole with no benefit to the program or another player.

Mac Sucks

The above is the only comment that is legit and makes sense in this thread.

1. Almost everyone on this board would have been up in arms at McElwain had renewed a walkon scholarship for a guy not really contributing on the field rather than signed a recruit.

2. As far as I know, walkon scholarships everywhere in the country are one year deals even more so than regular scholarships are one year deals. Players know this.

3. Maybe McElwain did not handle letting the player know as well as he might have, but the player should have known and expected not to be renewed unless UF was under 85.

4. Heck even if UF was under 85, a staff might want to reward a different walkon for a different year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator