Mac really was a douche

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
3. Maybe McElwain did not handle letting the player know as well as he might have, but the player should have known and expected not to be renewed unless UF was under 85.
I think what you say in #3 is correct. Mac had checked out and by not handling his business of communication something "normal" looks underhanded. But we still know he's a self centered ego maniac or something along those lines.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
The above is the only comment that is legit and makes sense in this thread.

1. Almost everyone on this board would have been up in arms at McElwain had renewed a walkon scholarship for a guy not really contributing on the field rather than signed a recruit.

2. As far as I know, walkon scholarships everywhere in the country are one year deals even more so than regular scholarships are one year deals. Players know this.

3. Maybe McElwain did not handle letting the player know as well as he might have, but the player should have known and expected not to be renewed unless UF was under 85.

4. Heck even if UF was under 85, a staff might want to reward a different walkon for a different year.

I don’t recall hitting the 85 limit since Meyer was here.

Edit: And while I haven’t tracked their performance, I’m fairly certain we didn’t have any walk ons outperforming them. Maybe the LB who kicked the crap out of that attacker in the alley?

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We've been as low as 70 or so and certainly under 80 every year for a long while.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Weren't we still under the scholly limit? If you pull a kids scholly to give it to someone else, I understand. Don't agree, but I get it.

If we are under, then you are just taking it to be an @sshole with no benefit to the program or another player.

Mac Sucks

This!! Only louder!!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The above is the only comment that is legit and makes sense in this thread.

1. Almost everyone on this board would have been up in arms at McElwain had renewed a walkon scholarship for a guy not really contributing on the field rather than signed a recruit.

2. As far as I know, walkon scholarships everywhere in the country are one year deals even more so than regular scholarships are one year deals. Players know this.

4. Heck even if UF was under 85, a staff might want to reward a different walkon for a different year.
tell us how macs balls taste?

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
tell us how macs balls taste?
Depends on which of his special sauces he's wearing. As he said "it's perfume for the mouth".
IMG_2085_1c01a79f-5e25-4710-9665-24c72ab4510f_720x.jpg

Florida’s McElwain selling sauce that’s ‘perfume for the mouth’

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I am so #$%^&@! glad he (MacShark) is Sharknado and GONE.

He was arrogant.
He ruined S&C
He got players hurt
He allowed them to be out of shape
He ruined Special Teams
He lied to the Nation and his players
With the best long kicker in college he WOULD NOT go for a record
Coach NORD, Coach NORD, Coach NORD...Did I say NORD

I hope he gags on a PPJ

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
I'm not surprised at all about the way Butters handled it. He never told anyone anything. Never told the press anything worth writing. Never told the administration about the "death threats". Never told RJ that his scholly was pulled. Never told Nuss to pack sand. Never laid into Nord and told him to straighten things out or expect a pink slip.

What a d!ck.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
You know when your laying in bed trying to sleep and you remember a time when some one pi$$ed you off, and you can't lay off.

Well, this scholly thing has me on full-tilt anger towards Ol Hee-haw McButtertoothSwingPass and his stupidity.

If you look closely at the label of his garbage sauce, there is a map of all the places he "coached". I guess the last place he coached was in Macon, cause that ain't Gainesville.

It always angered me b/c it's disrespectful of his team and home town at the time.

Another example of Macs famous attention to detail.
IMG_0913.JPG

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
You know when your laying in bed trying to sleep and you remember a time when some one pi$$ed you off, and you can't lay off.

Well, this scholly thing has me on full-tilt anger towards Ol Hee-haw McButtertoothSwingPass and his stupidity.

If you look closely at the label of his garbage sauce, there is a map of all the places he "coached". I guess the last place he coached was in Macon, cause that ain't Gainesville.

It always angered me b/c it's disrespectful of his team and home town at the time.

Remarkable. Even in an ad of his own his teeth look dull (compare them to the white in her mouth).

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Do people put BBQ sauce on hotdogs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.