Mac refutes rumors

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
We ended the Mizzu dynasty. That says it all.
137.gif

rockinchair

Dec 11, 2015
I saw on the bottom line this morning that we've scored 25 offensive touchdowns this year.

That's third fewest among Power 5 teams.

So, no, he doesn't deserve more credit for putting together an offense that scores 2.2 touchdowns per game.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Winning the East the past 2 years after the FSU loss might actually be hurting recruiting it seems. You get that whole week of ESPN and them basically laughing about the offense and saying our only chance is turnovers and the rest. Doesn't seem to be helping recruiting right now that is for sure.

When Missouri won the weak East in 2013 and 2014 it didnt seem to help their recruiting a lot either except they never recruit that good usually.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Last year everyone blamed the poor offense on Treon. FOUR new QBs and the offense went backwards. Come on people...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Winning the East the past 2 years after the FSU loss might actually be hurting recruiting it seems. You get that whole week of ESPN and them basically laughing about the offense and saying our only chance is turnovers and the rest. Doesn't seem to be helping recruiting right now that is for sure.

When Missouri won the weak East in 2013 and 2014 it didnt seem to help their recruiting a lot either except they never recruit that good usually.

Great post. It just shows how far we are from Elite and it is highlighted non-stop. Great great point. Winning the East is actually a NEGATIVE right now. It's bad marketing and then the actual gang rape on TV? That can't help either.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
Last year everyone blamed the poor offense on Treon. FOUR new QBs and the offense went backwards. Come on people...
Key word being "NEW". Can't expect to improve much until we have some guys who have learned the system for a couple of years. Don't have that yet. Also, when you pick the HC, you have to give him time to build his team. If you boot a HC after 2 years, how many quality coaches will be interested in coming to UF?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It's all about perspective to me. Two SEC East titles. Okay...context? Worst East ever. Sorry, not a big accomplishment especially when you get gang raped by FSU, BAMA and whoever decides to Sandusky us in a bowl game. Do you think going 0-6 against ranked teams to close out two seasons in a row is good? It's not. How about 2-7 vs ranked teams. Is that good? How about two triple digit offenses? Is that good?

But but but Atlanta....sorry...in the grand scheme of it all making it to ATL means very little.

Again, just repeating the same mantra doesn't make it any more accurate. The East is weak, no question. But it's been weak since we stopped being the dominant team in 2009. When teams like Usce and Mizzou are winning the division, it says a lot. I'm not defending the state of things at UF under Mac per se, but there are plenty of legitimate reasons to be be dissatisfied without manufacturing new, exaggerated ones. It was widely reported that WM was fired the moment the East was no longer a viable option in 2014. While I join in you in saying that we can't just hang our hats on an Eastern title(pretty sure no one is implying that), it doesn't mean that getting to Atlanta and having a chance to play for the Conference in consecutive years--something we'd failed to do for half a decade--cannot be viewed as some measure of progress. We have to win it all, but we also have to be there to do it.

You're also going on the assumption that we lose the next 2 games. We'll likely lose Saturday, I get that. But I don't get the point of already guaranteeing a loss, forecasting an unknown bowl opponent, and throwing in the towel on that one as well.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Clowns? Back off pollyanna. What does it mean unless you win the SEC? Seriously, what does it mean? He hasn't been able to translate it into better recruiting. It's a big deal to the low expectations crowd of pumpers.

SEVEN teams with 4 losses or more in division. The Sec LEAST is a joke.
Yes clowns. The east sucks but UF went in to Lsu and beat a west team, UK beat Louisville etc. we are not the worst, not the best but not worst. I'd say mediocre

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
On a sidenote the guys are hitting the trail today. Rumph is with Zachary Carter and Daquan Green. Summers is doing an in-home with Leatherwood.
Recruiting and SEC championship are the reason he's upset lol. They don't need that distraction.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Great post. It just shows how far we are from Elite and it is highlighted non-stop. Great great point. Winning the East is actually a NEGATIVE right now. It's bad marketing and then the actual gang rape on TV? That can't help either.
I never in my life believed that gator fans would say winning the east is a bad thing. You guys sound like Tennessee fans

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Key word being "NEW". Can't expect to improve much until we have some guys who have learned the system for a couple of years. Don't have that yet. Also, when you pick the HC, you have to give him time to build his team. If you boot a HC after 2 years, how many quality coaches will be interested in coming to UF?
LDR is a 5th year soph. AA a fifth year senior. Both Mac guys. Then the two frosh. Freshmen are starting all over the country. I was told repeatedly last year that year TWO is where Mac's offense is really going to take off. Now? Everyone is saying year three. It's rather comical.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I never in my life believed that gator fans would say winning the east is a bad thing. You guys sound like Tennessee fans

Normally it's not but do you deny the negativity surrounding our program? Basically all week long prognosticators are making fun of butters and his inept offense. Saying we have no chance at a win. Do recruits watch ESPN? I'm sure they do. You can't spin it. It's NEGATIVE advertising of the program. Come to UF to get gang raped in ATL.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Normally it's not but do you deny the negativity surrounding our program? Basically all week long prognosticators are making fun of butters and his inept offense. Saying we have no chance at a win. Do recruits watch ESPN? I'm sure they do. You can't spin it. It's NEGATIVE advertising of the program. Come to UF to get gang raped in ATL.
I think it's more like go to any other SEC school and get gang raped by Alabama. I don't take it personally because it's almost every program that would have that problem.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was told repeatedly last year that year TWO is where Mac's offense is really going to take off. Now? Everyone is saying year three. It's rather comical.

Not saying you're wrong, just pointing out that most people who "thought" we'd take off in year 2, based that assumption on what we'd heard coming out of camp about LDR. Unfortunately, LDR has proven to not live up to those expectations. Now we're in "hope" mode that one of those two Freshmen will pan out because if they don't, it'll mean we'll have to get rid of another HC and start all over again from scratch. Most of us, aren't especially fond of the idea of having to start all over again. We "hope" Mac gets this thing rolling, because if he doesn't, we realize our FB program will most certainly fall even further behind the 8 ball than we already are. If you're pulling for Mac's failure, you're pulling for our program being set back another decade due to back to back failed HC experiments. I'd never wish that on my team.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
:facepalm:

Find one poster besides rex that has ever stated that. Just find one single poster. There's sensationalism and exaggeration on both sides of the argument, don't call it out if your just going to do the same thing right afterwards.

No one besides maybe rex thinks that, what most think and correctly so is that the east isn't some major accomplishment. Its a poor division, really poor. Which is exactly the reason a team can win it yet look like a dumpster fire every time they play an average or above average team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator