Mac started 6-0 - He's 12-8 since

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
That includes 2-8 vs ranked teams

Triple digit offenses.

You've heard it all before but i think he peaked in year one.

Hopefully, he takes the Oregon job.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Amazing how he is 6-0 with a good QB and has a much worse record without a good QB.

I want him to recruit better (get some DTs)... and I really want to see how this offense does with a capable QB.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Amazing how he is 6-0 with a good QB and has a much worse record without a good QB.

I want him to recruit better (get some DTs)... and I really want to see how this offense does with a capable QB.
September 5 7:30 p.m. New Mexico State* Ben Hill Griffin StadiumGainesville, FL SECN W 61–13 90,227
September 12 7:00 p.m. East Carolina* Ben Hill Griffin Stadium • Gainesville, FL ESPN2 W 31–24 88,034
September 19 7:30 p.m. at Kentucky Commonwealth StadiumLexington, KY SECN W 14–9 63,040
September 26 3:30 p.m. Tennessee Ben Hill Griffin Stadium • Gainesville, FL (Rivalry) CBS W 28–27 90,527
October 3 7:00 p.m. No. 3 Ole Miss Ben Hill Griffin Stadium • Gainesville, FL ESPN W 38–10 90,585
October 10 7:30 p.m. at Missouri Faurot FieldColumbia, MO SECN W 21–3 70,767

Grier's last game:

Will Grier 20/33 208 6.3 0 0 46.9QBR

337 Total yards for the offense

Your statement is disingenuous. Grier wasn't lighting it up either. And outside of Ole Miss those teams sucked donkey dick.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
September 5 7:30 p.m. New Mexico State* Ben Hill Griffin StadiumGainesville, FL SECN W 61–13 90,227
September 12 7:00 p.m. East Carolina* Ben Hill Griffin Stadium • Gainesville, FL ESPN2 W 31–24 88,034
September 19 7:30 p.m. at Kentucky Commonwealth StadiumLexington, KY SECN W 14–9 63,040
September 26 3:30 p.m. Tennessee Ben Hill Griffin Stadium • Gainesville, FL (Rivalry) CBS W 28–27 90,527
October 3 7:00 p.m. No. 3 Ole Miss Ben Hill Griffin Stadium • Gainesville, FL ESPN W 38–10 90,585

Grier's last game:

Your statement is disingenuous. Grier wasn't lighting it up either. And outside of Ole Miss those teams sucked donkey dick.

It's not really disingenuous at all. Grier was a RSFr and playing behind a makeshift OL. And his best WR was a true freshman who'd been on campus for 3 months. You can be on board with criticizing the current state of things, while still recognizing that the circumstances have been awful.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It's not really disingenuous at all. Grier was a RSFr and playing behind a makeshift OL. And his best WR was a true freshman who'd been on campus for 3 months. You can be on board with criticizing the current state of things, while still recognizing that the circumstances have been awful.

My point is that the offense was bad back then and the 6-0 is more a product of playing crap teams than beating anyone significant.

Mac beats the craps teams but struggles against the better teams. Not sure what you don't understand.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Grier's last game:

If you can't recognize the difference between what this team looked like with Grier vs. what they have looked like without him... then I can't help you. Grier wasn't perfect, but he was much better than anything we have had since. He had the ability to get the ball out early, accurately and make plays with his feet. Do we beat Bama with Grier... no.. I don't think we do. I do think we beat FSU (2 years in a row), Arkansas and LSU (last year). I think the offense looks much better and recruiting is better because we are more relevant and more exciting. I think Grier gets better with a second year in the system as well.

It would have made a huge difference IMO... I don't know how you can't see that.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Mac beats the craps teams but struggles against the better teams. Not sure what you don't understand.

Agree, but it's still better than losing to the crap teams. Wait, Arkansas was a crap team.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If you can't recognize the difference between what this team looked like with Grier vs. what they have looked like without him... then I can't help you. Grier wasn't perfect, but he was much better than anything we have had since. He had the ability to get the ball out early, accurately and make plays with his feet. Do we beat Bama with Grier... no.. I don't think we do. I do think we beat FSU (2 years in a row), Arkansas and LSU (last year). I think the offense looks much better and recruiting is better because we are more relevant and more exciting. I think Grier gets better with a second year in the system as well.

It would have made a huge difference IMO... I don't know how you can't see that.

Treon and Grier split a few games. Sorry, there's not enough data to really agree or disagree with you.

How long you pumpers gonna hold onto the Grier thing? but but but if we had Grier...we don't. Mac let him walk. mac rolled the dice with AA and LDR and Franks and Trask. Blech.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Grier wasn't perfect and he did struggle during that 6 game stretch, but the thing he showed me was the ability to read the field and MAKE A DAMNED DECISION faster than anything we've seen in a long time. Not to mention he had a more than adequate arm and ability to scramble. Given more time I think he could have been special. We will never know.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Please everyone is 6-0 against of cupcake early schedule.

Coach, Sas, or even a hammered Alky could go 6-0 to start each year. It takes a special kind of stupid to lose even one game to Bytch the Bandboy.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Please everyone is 6-0 against of cupcake early schedule.

Coach, Sas, or even a hammered Alky could go 6-0 to start each year. It takes a special kind of stupid to lose even one game to Bytch the Bandboy.

yeah, weren't we 5-1 this year with LDR and AA?

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014

I want him to recruit better too. We all do. But the question is, CAN he recruit better? So far, his recruiting has been less than encouraging.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I want him to recruit better too. We all do. But the question is, CAN he recruit better? So far, his recruiting has been less than encouraging.

I don't know if he can... tbh. He hasn't shown it yet.

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know if he can... tbh. He hasn't shown it yet.

Yeah, I don't know if he can suddenly turn it on and light up the trail. I think he's an average to poor recruiter who doesn't seem to have enough good recruiters on staff. This time last year we were all praising Rumph as being an ace recruiter. Boy were we wrong.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
Yeah, I don't know if he can suddenly turn it on and light up the trail. I think he's an average to poor recruiter who doesn't seem to have enough good recruiters on staff. This time last year we were all praising Rumph as being an ace recruiter. Boy were we wrong.
I just want to know how Randy Shannon and Chris Rumph are not better recruiters. I thought both were billed as top flight, and both are coaching at positions of need. Especially the DL. We put 1 in the NFL every year and can't get a 4-5* here? WTH?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

It's the curse of Slick Willy....

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I don't know if he can suddenly turn it on and light up the trail. I think he's an average to poor recruiter who doesn't seem to have enough good recruiters on staff.
In my opinion, Mac coaches and recruits like he was guaranteed six years. Only now his sugardaddy Fooley is no longer his boss...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator