Make Florida Football Fun Again

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
In the short term for next season, I care less about W/L and more about enjoying the game. How is the game made enjoyable - score points and gather yards on offense! I can understand having an ugly 13-9 victory here and there, but that's what we've been depending on for the last 6.5 years.

So my basic question - is it more important that we go 9-3 next year with 90th ranked offense or 7-5 with 50th ranked offense?

Name and town if you wish to opine.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jim McElwain, Missoula. I approve this thread.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We may not have the talent to be a top 10 offense, but we darn sure have enough to be better than 50th.
We have top 20 talent, even now. No excuses.

And yet, this is the least talented UF roster since 79 or so though.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Quality of Play. Attention to detail. Less than 2 DUMBA$$ mental penalties a game. proper tackling technique. Throw ball away before stepping out of bounds. Fair catch a punt and not let it roll 20 yards. Know how many timeouts you have. Show us that you have physically practiced the mental parts of the game!! Know down and distance. Small things will result in big rewards!!!!!

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Quality of Play. Attention to detail. Less than 2 DUMBA$$ mental penalties a game. proper tackling technique. Throw ball away before stepping out of bounds. Fair catch a punt and not let it roll 20 yards. Know how many timeouts you have. Show us that you have physically practiced the mental parts of the game!! Know down and distance. Small things will result in big rewards!!!!!

Your statement is so sad and so accurate.
If this team could only play to the level of a topflight high school program, it would be a tremendous improvement.

I will be happy if they simply make people beat them versus doing it for them

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014

In other words coach get your head out of your ass.

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

All of these things are good, but this is a thread on making UF football fun again, not competent again. I think Queencity is right, UF needs this hired to be a coach who puts a fun product on the field no matter what. The new coach needs to be brave enough to run an offense. It will be nice if some of the mental errors of the McElwain years go away, but it is far more important for UF fans to go back to yawning at a 5 yard penalty rather than feeling after such a penalty the is no hope to get a first down.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
if the next coach can get a Top 50 offense in his first year he will have bought himself 4 years at least with the fans. That’s how bad it’s gotten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.