Make or Break Time (Marty Cohen Article)

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
"Tight end DeAndre Goolsby caught eight passes . . . for 37 yards. That’s ridiculous."

This about drove me batsh!t crazy. What's the point of these 3- 4 yard passes? High risk low reward.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
You think nuss isn't running what mac wants? Mac is an offensive coach and you better believe he's signing off on this...he is heavily involved in the game plan and if he wanted something else we'd see it. Dink and dunks are likely their best idea at getting the ball out before our oline gives way...or our qb isn't seeing the field...or both.

Exactly. Crapplebee's inaccuracy is one thing, but there is no way he, with his crazy arm and lack of vision, or any other QB is going to have time to wait for routes to develop far downfield behind this joke of an offensive line.

The only long plays that work are the ones that use play action to freeze the oncoming rush. Any time our guys have done a straight drop back, they've been crushed. Del Rio got hurt standing in and waiting for a route to develop downfield.

Dink and dunk is about preserving the quality of life for our QB's until something, ANYTHING, positive starts happening with that dumpster fire of an OL.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You think nuss isn't running what mac wants? Mac is an offensive coach and you better believe he's signing off on this...he is heavily involved in the game plan and if he wanted something else we'd see it. Dink and dunks are likely their best idea at getting the ball out before our oline gives way...or our qb isn't seeing the field...or both.
More importantly power run, dink and dunk and screen passes is Macs offense. Im sure hed like us to destroy people with a powerful OL but he is not and never has been an aggressive playcaller.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Marty nailed it. I have a couple of comments: 1. - Maybe the noon start is a good thing if it keeps some of the recruits from attending and seeing how flat our team plays. 2.- With this continuing RB rotation, seems to me that the coaches are unable to decide on a starter; which to me would be ridiculous as these decisions are usually made from practice. Sometimes I get the feeling that Mac is not a very decisive coach or maybe he just does not know how to evaluate talent.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Marty nailed it. I have a couple of comments: 1. - Maybe the noon start is a good thing if it keeps some of the recruits from attending and seeing how flat our team plays. 2.- With this continuing RB rotation, seems to me that the coaches are unable to decide on a starter; which to me would be ridiculous as these decisions are usually made from practice. Sometimes I get the feeling that Mac is not a very decisive coach or maybe he just does not know how to evaluate talent.
I'm with you 100% on the indecisive point

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Got my weekly Gatorbait weekly mag in the mail to keep me linked to home when I first joined the CG. Agree Cohen is legit... No click bait stupidity...

Everyone here knows I'm a pumper. While I'm hoping LDR can help improve the offense, I'm alarmed by what I've witnessed so far. I expected significant improvements this year considering we won the East with that train wreck OL. I'm quickly losing my optimism.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Got my weekly Gatorbait weekly mag in the mail to keep me linked to home when I first joined the CG. Agree Cohen is legit... No click bait stupidity...

Everyone here knows I'm a pumper. While I'm hoping LDR can help improve the offense, I'm alarmed by what I've witnessed so far. I expected significant improvements this year considering we won the East with that train wreck OL. I'm quickly losing my optimism.

We all are sir.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with pretty much everything the article says.
I'm not ready to give up on Mac, but he really needs to get this team motivated to defend the Swamp this weekend.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
All I got out of this is that threat thinks Tennessee is gonna beat A&m in college station

:lol2:

StPeteGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Marty Cohen's a Florida grad and he's been around Florida football a long time. He's not one to draw quick conclusions or to troll for clicks. He's confirming many of the concerns being voiced on our board. It's time for this team to play up to its potential.

My concern is that it's easier for coaching to overcome gaps in player talent than it is for players to overcome gaps in coaching talent.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sad part is, if we don't win this game, we might only win one more game this year, against the religious school. Years of not recruiting to fill position of needs (both sides of the line in particular) and lousy coaching have dragged this program to the bottom of mediocrity. When ole piss has won more games than us in the past 6 years, going 1-7 against ranked team, struggling to beat cupcakes and perennial poor teams, there is no denying the team is in dire conditions.

So not just recruiting proper numbers, the quality of the recruits is reflected with the performance on the field. Bringing in a ton of coal to make that one diamond isn't going elevate this program. This 2* coaching staff coupled with 3* players will never be contenders.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Has Strong been fired yet? Can collins and bring CS in as DC and head recruiter for a year before he is a HC again...As for Nuts, .....

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Don't kill my pipe dreams so quickly! I am in a fragile state this season

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator