Marcus Gilbert tells it like it is...

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Preach on brother Gator...tired of the petulant man-child.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17938477/there-scared

Gilbert protects Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who is 6-foot-5, like Newton, and has been sacked 450 times in 12-plus seasons.

"Ben gets hit more than anybody in the league, and he never complains. C'mon, man. This is the game of football," Gilbert said. "If you're out there and you're scared to take a shot, then don't be out there, especially if you're a running quarterback.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure how smart it is as an OL to talk about how much your qb is getting hit

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I saw this story on PTI. I was surprised that no one brought up the history between these two - once teammates.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I saw this story on PTI. I was surprised that no one brought up the history between these two - once teammates.

That would require research and ESPN gave that up quite some time ago. It is better to spew ignorant comments and preach political correctness on a sports commentary show.
Honestly, I have not been surprised by how many so called media types have run to the defense of Cammy versus playing the situation straight.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Preach on brother Gator...tired of the petulant man-child.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17938477/there-scared

Gilbert protects Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who is 6-foot-5, like Newton, and has been sacked 450 times in 12-plus seasons.

"Ben gets hit more than anybody in the league, and he never complains. C'mon, man. This is the game of football," Gilbert said. "If you're out there and you're scared to take a shot, then don't be out there, especially if you're a running quarterback.
I mean, I agree that Cam is a whiny piece of sh!t, but it doesn't bode well when an offensive lineman brags that HIS QB gets hit more than anyone else in the league.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I mean, I agree that Cam is a whiny piece of sh!t, but it doesn't bode well when an offensive lineman brags that HIS QB gets hit more than anyone else in the league.
Not nearly as bad as Lomas Brown admitting he intentionally let Scott Mitchell get hit to knock him out of the game, cringe worthy comments.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure how smart it is as an OL to talk about how much your qb is getting hit
That's true, but they are a bunch of whimps in general. All this ridiculous sliding. It should be against the rules. It reminded me of that overrated Eason sliding in front of the first down marker. I remember how Alex Karras used to talk about putting a dress on them. You can't hit them high and you can't hit them low. Why not just put a red shirt on them, that will be next.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think Gilbert is talking himself or his OL teammates down when he says this. He's making a larger point. QBs get hit, they need to expect to take some hits, especially if they run ( hence the Roethslinsberger comparision), and Cammy needs to stop being offended when he's hit and man up and stop being such a sulky whiny baby..

That being said, when officials allow a game full of illegal hard hits repeatedly on a QB, I think there is room to complain. Seems like something like that happened to Cam a few weeks ago. I didn't watch the game. However, as we know, Cammy is also one for sulking, and making a big deal about routine hits. and I think Gilbert was addressing this.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If this whine works, Cam's gonna say the balls need less psi's ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator