Mariota vs Winston in training camp

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Buc's DBs were intercepting Winston like they were Publix security cameras ?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Bucs D is as bad as any in the league... Winston must feel right at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can't understand how everyone in the media, and apparently the NFL, are blind to all the stupid throws he attempts. The only reason he got away with it the year before is because Benjamin would make freak plays to bail him out. Or the defense would drop an easy int. In 2014 he had 18 ints and defenders had at least 10 others in their hands they dropped. He is gonna get exposed by NFL defenses. His only saving grace will be the really good receivers he has to throw to.

Dec 10, 2014
8802Gator;n256204 said:
His only saving grace will be the really good receivers he has to throw to.

Even fsu admin and the tallahassee police department can't save him now. There are no more graces.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
8802Gator;n256204 said:
I can't understand how everyone in the media, and apparently the NFL, are blind to all the stupid throws he attempts. The only reason he got away with it the year before is because Benjamin would make freak plays to bail him out. Or the defense would drop an easy int. In 2014 he had 18 ints and defenders had at least 10 others in their hands they dropped. He is gonna get exposed by NFL defenses. His only saving grace will be the really good receivers he has to throw to.

My thoughts exactly... He cannot get away with the stupid throwing it up for grabs in the NFL...

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n256207 said:
Even fsu admin and the tallahassee police department can't save him now. There are no more graces.

I'm sure the Bucs will have their "people" around him holding his hand. Too much invested in him to let him do something stupid off the field. (or at least get caught doing something stupid)

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad;n256266 said:
and the threat of an actual contact sack.

I hope he takes lots and lots of contact to his sack.
:giggle:

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Wow! Imagine making a QB run different plays.

"He needs to go through all of this," coach Lovie Smith said. "We're giving him different looks every day. We're asking him to do different plays every day. He's bouncing back. As a quarterback, that's life."

He ain't in the ACC any more. He's really going to be exposed.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Frankly, I didn't like either QB at number 1 overall. Even though his numbers were insane and he was a good kid and athlete, Mariota did play in a funky system and needs to learn a lot to be an NFL QB. Even taking his character issues out of the equation, Rapeis has a history of poor decision making and even more troubling, a long and slow windup before he releases the ball. 18 picks against generally crappy defenses (ACC) including 3 against our generally good defense should have told the Bucs something. On top of that, he's fat and slow of foot. Then for good measure, add in the character issues. The trash bin of NFL history is littered with strong-armed QBs with slow releases and crappy instincts.

Were I the GM, I would have traded down, added picks (it's not like the Bucs don't have needs all over the field), and grabbed that DL from USCw.

There'd be a place for Mariota on my roster - he has a lot of athleticism and upside and good character - just not at number 1 overall.

I agree - the Bucs are screwed and for a good, long time. Franchises don't recover from biffing the first overall pick overnight. Might be time for the Glazers to sell and focus on Man U.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wait, do people actually think that Tennessee's defense is good?

:suspect2:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
If I had to pick an NFL QB Rapeis reminds me most of I'd go with Jamarcus Russell. If I had to pick one for Mariota it would be a bigger Alex Smith or maybe a cross between RG3 and Russel Wilson. I'd take MM any day over JW.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I thought marriota could be good if he played behind somebody for a few years like Rogers did. Most quarterbacks don't translate from the spread real well.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Bucs deserve to languish as a bottom feeder for years for making such a stupid mistake in drafting Rapeis. And I agree that he'll probably be the next Jamarcus Russel rather than the next Doug Williams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.